One of the most rewarding and valuable scuba training courses, you’ll learn how to recognise and deal with stress and how to handle diver rescues. The SSI Stress and Rescue (PADI: Rescue Diver) program is about avoiding, identifying and solving problems on the surface and underwater. The course entails in-water training and theory sessions an onboard Reef Encounter.
You will be required to read an SSI Stress and Rescue manual and sit a multiple-choice exam.
|Stateroom – 4 Students to 1 Dive Instructor
|Top Deck – Private Instructor to your booking party
Extra not included in your Reef Encounter course package is a First Aid and CPR course, which takes one day to complete on land in Cairns and guests can book through our office. A valid CPR & First Aid certificate is a prerequisite for certification. We recommend that you book this course with the First Aid Academy in Cairns, cost is $225.00.
This scuba course takes four days (3 nights) to complete. Up to three dives per day are training dives towards your Rescue Diver Certification. There’s plenty of time for additional fun dives, relaxing and enjoying your Great Barrier Reef holiday!
Your diving course covers:
- What Is Stress?
- Stress In Diving: Causes And Prevention
- Detecting And Dealing With Stress
- Accident Management
- Skills Needed To Deal With Panic And Rescues
- Conditions That Complicate Rescues
- An Open Water Diver Licence or above – (SSI, PADI, or the equivalent certification with another training agency)
- 2 x passport photographs required for certification
- O₂ administration