A liveaboard cruise you’ll treasure forever…
The VIP Top Deck Club aboard ‘Reef Encounter’ is the ultimate way to see the very best of the Outer Great Barrier Reef…
Whether you’re a snorkeler, scuba diver or simply wish to spend time in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, the Top Deck Club guarantees a relaxing reef holiday, styled your way!
Ideal for those looking for a luxury getaway, groups who enjoy VIP treatment or anyone desiring personalised in-water care.
What Is Reef Encounter’s Top Deck Club?
Much like ‘first class’ with an airline, it’s a trip that’s tailored to your personal needs and so everybody’s Top Deck experience will be specialised.
Top Deck liveaboard tours come with many additional luxuries including (but not limited to) a dedicated personal valet, late check-out times and deluxe three-course evening meals. Read on for more exclusive Top Deck services…
A crew member just for you! Whether it’s a professional in-water guide for private snorkel/scuba tours, a fountain of marine-life knowledge or all of the above, your personal crew member ensures your holiday flows the way you want it to.
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with ‘Reef Encounter’ Liveaboard Cruise
- A private crew member assigned to your booking party for the duration of your stay, for private in-water tours. This personalised VIP serivce is included for all Luxury ‘Top Deck Club’ bookings, so whether you’re an experienced scuba diver or a very first time snorkeler, your personal valet tailors your in-water experience so that you get the most out of your reef holiday!
- Access to some of the very best locations across a range of outer Great Barrier Reefs. Locations are selected daily by the Captain, for optimal Reef conditions based on weather and other variables. The number of locations visited will depend on your chosen length of stay
- Outstanding Cuisine: ‘Reef Encounter, Top Deck Club’ guests enjoy first class food and beverages – see ‘Gourmet Meals’ below. All meals are prepared fresh daily, by an onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert. Fruit available throughout the day along with tea & coffee. All dietary requirements will be catered for – please advise us of these when booking
- Superior Comfort: Late check-out times! On your day of departure, Luxury ‘Top Deck’ guests keep their cabin right up until the transfer vessel departs to take you back to Cairns
- The best crew on the reef – The Reef Encounter team win personal and professional awards for outstanding customer service in the tourism industry year after year
- All snorkelling and scuba diving equipment
- Glass bottom boat tours upon request
- Use of all on-board facilities: hot tub, lounge, sundeck etc. (See ‘Facilities’ below)
- On your transfer voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at the ‘Reef Encounter’ office in Cairns City
Activities: Scuba Divers / Snorkelers / More...
- Unlimited Snorkelling (Included with all liveaboard tour bookings, suitable for all ages) [More Info]
- Certified Scuba Diving for experienced divers – (select this package during booking)* [More Info]
- Resort Scuba Diving for beginner divers – (select this package during booking, or choose to give it a try once on-board)* [More Info]
- Learn To Scuba Dive Course – become a qualified diver during a four day scuba course (select this package during booking)*
- Advanced Scuba Courses for qualified divers (select course during booking)*
- Glass-bottom Boat Tours of the Reef – a fun and informative way to view the reef for all ages (available free of change, upon request during your stay)
- Helicopter Tours over the Great Barrier Reef (select helicopter transfer when booking)
*Scuba Diving in Australia is Subject to Conditions – this applies to Certified (qualified) and Beginner divers – please read the ‘Scuba Diving Important Information‘ page before booking any tours including scuba activities
First Class Accommodation
- ‘Reef Encounter, Top Deck Club’ guests enjoy the best rooms on the boat
- Spacious cabins with uninterrupted ocean views, crisp Australian bed linen, plush bath robes, towels and toiletries (soap, shampoo)
- All cabins have their own en-suite toilet & shower
- Champagne and a fruit platter await you upon arrival*
- An evening Turn Down Service for your cabin
- Towels and toiletries are replenished
- *If you’re getting in the water, complimentary champagne will be served with your evening meal instead
- ‘Reef Encounter’ is a fully air conditioned hotel style liveaboard, designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea
- Large dining saloon
- Fully licenced bar
- TV and lounge area
- Outdoor, fresh water hot-tub
- Spacious sundeck with sun loungers
- Large, easy access dive and snorkel platforms
- Helicopter pad on the roof for low-flying scenic helicopter tours over the coral reef as your transfer to/from ‘Reef Encounter’ (optional extra)
- A deluxe three course evening meal, freshly prepared by our onboard Chef each night of your stay*
- Choose to dine privately under the stars or join the rest of the guests in the spacious dining saloon
- Enjoy an Australian continental or cooked breakfast served to you just the way you like it, or join the rest of the guests for a buffet style breakfast served in the dining saloon*
- Complimentary sunset cocktails
- Appreciate ocean views from the deck or outdoor spa as you sip an Australian cocktail with sunset over the Coral Sea …a perfect setting for photography lovers!
- ‘Reef Encounter’ Liveaboard trips depart from Cairns Marina every day, via a fast transfer vessel ‘Reef Experience’. Check-In and Boarding is at 7.30am (for an 8am departure)
- Alternatively, you may choose to transfer to and/or from ‘Reef Encounter’ by helicopter. The helicopter transfer is an optional extra that you may select during your booking process online
- Bus transfers to and from your Cairns accommodation are available to the Marina at an additional cost and may be booked during your online reservation, or added at a later date by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Approximate arrival time back into the Cairns Marina on the final day of your tour is 4.30pm
- The opportunity to stay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef is a highlight that everyone should choose.
- Interact with thousands of brightly coloured fish and coral
- Delicious meals
- Night dive for those who are game there is plenty of action at night on the reef.
Top Deck Club Packages Include
- Top Deck Club accommodation including ensuite
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- personal valet
- dinner under the stars
- breakfast in bed
- sunset cocktails
- late checkout
- evening turndown service
- snorkel and scuba diving equipment
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Reef Encounter, Cairns best Great Barrier Reef liveaboard
- A personal crew member for the duration of your liveaboard tour. This guarantees a personalised reef holiday, styled your way!
- Late check-out times. Top Deck Club guests keep their private cabin until departing Reef Encounter
- Private guided in-water tours – Tailored specifically to your ability and comfort level to ensure you get the most out of your Great Barrier Reef liveaboard!
- Superior Comfort – See “Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef Accommodation” below
- VIP Meals – See “Top Deck Club Dining” below
- A variety of spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations during your stay
- Glass bottom boat tour
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at their offices in the Cairns City
- Daily transfers to the liveaboard vessel via a fast catamaran boat mean you can depart for your Top Deck Club liveaboard tour on a date that suits you – and stay as long as you desire. (Scenic Great Barrier Reef helicopter transfers to or from your liveaboard tour are an optional extra).
- introductory dive
- professional photographs
- scuba lessons
- barista coffee
What to bring
- Reef Encounter is a barefoot product.
- light jacket
- casual resort wear
- For scuba divers
- certification card
How to get there
Reef Encounter is positioned on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
How to get to Reef Encounter?
The first option if via our transfer vessel Reef Experience that departs Cairns daily at 8 am.
The second option is via a spectacular scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier and landing directly onboard Reef Encounter’s exclusive helipad.
Important information for scuba divers
- This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving activities during your Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Tour.
- Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest scuba diving record. Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws in Queensland, Australia.
- Great Barrier Reef liveaboard boats are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
- To avoid disappointment on your liveaboard tour – we strongly recommend that all passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking as some medical conditions, age and/or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
- We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our helpful team today.
- Alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
- You should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive. For multiple dives, you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.