Spend 2 days and 1 night diving the world famous Great Barrier Reef on Australia’s best liveaboard, Reef Encounter and a day exploring the Kuranda, the Picturesque Mountain Retreat known as the “village in the Rainforest” travelling by the Kuranda Scenic Railway and returning by Skyrail Cable Car.
Day 1 and 2 Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard
Enjoy 2 days diving the Great Barrier Reef. Our 2 day liveaboard dive adventure includes 5 day dives and 1 night dive.
Reef Encounter is the perfect destination for anyone wishing to experience the Great Barrier Reef in comfort and style.
Spending it’s time floating between four different spectacular outer reef locations, Reef Encounter ensures that any keen scuba diver will get to experience the best reef and marine life that the Great Barrier Reef has to offer.
Our spacious liveaboard is fully air conditioned, with a large lounge and dining area and a rooftop sundeck for relaxation during your free time. Our staterooms have private bathrooms and ocean views and are available in Double or Twin Share and you will be delighted with your gourmet meals that are freshly prepared by your onboard Chef.
Your 2 Day Certified Dive Adventure Includes
- Double or Twin Stateroom with Private Bathroom
- 5 Day Dives and 1 Night Dive
- Dive Briefings
- On-board Chef preparing all meals whilst on board
- Coffee, Tea, Milo, Water and fresh fruit
- Snorkelling and Scuba Diving equipment (except wetsuits)
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Reef Video presentation
- Marine Biologist presentation on Reef Experience
- All Government Reef Tax and Levies
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Air conditioning
- Modern Ocean-View rooms
- Private Bathrooms
- Large Dining Area,
- Bar and Lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination Plant
- Hydraulic dive/Snorkel Platform
- Large Sundeck
- Underwater cameras $49.00
- Wetsuit $5.00 Per day
- Soft drinks,
- snacks from the bar etc
- Alcohol available on board – NO BYO – Reef Encounter is a licenced Vessel
Reef Encounter Itinerary
This Itinerary is an approximate guide only and can change due to seasons and weather conditions
|7:30 am||Breakfast onboard Reef Experience, Marlin Jetty, Cairns|
|8:00 am||Depart Marlin Jetty|
|Marine Biologist Presentation|
|Scuba Dive & Snorkel briefing|
|9:30 – 9:45 am||Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef ~ Transfer to Reef Encounter|
|1:15 pm||Scuba Dive, Snorkel, Sun bake and relaxation time|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location|
|3:15 pm||Scuba Dive, Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time|
|6:00 pm||Dinner & Dessert|
|7:30 pm||Night scuba dive, relaxation time, stargazing, boardgames or a movie|
|6:30 am||Early Morning Scuba Dive|
|8:00 am||Check out of Cabin and place luggage into transfer room|
|8:30 am||Scuba Dive, snorkel, or relaxation time|
|10:30 am||Your Final Scuba Dive session|
|1:15 pm||Snorkel or relaxation time|
|2:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|3:00 pm||Transfer to Reef Experience|
|4:30 pm||Arrive Marlin Marina Cairns|
- Reef Encounter stays out and Cruises to different Reef Sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
- Transfers from Cairns, Marina is by our Day Boat Reef Experience with a 90-minute boat journey to Reef Encounter
- Departs every day of the year
- Staterooms on board Reef Encounter Are Double (1 Double Bed) and Twin share (2 Single Beds). When booking please advise your rooming preference. (We will do our best to accommodate you rooming preference).
- Please advise when booking your Accommodation details for pick-up arrangements for the Daintree Sector of this package.
- Accommodation is not included on the night of Day 2 when you arrive back into Cairns.
- Please advise any Dietary requirements
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefor a light pullover, cardigan should be packed.
Please Note: Accommodation is not included on this night (2nd Night)
Day 3 Kuranda Train, Skyrail and Rainforestation
Cairns Scenic Train and Skyrail journey to Kuranda is relaxing one. Just 25 km northwest of Cairns in far north Queensland (1180 feet above sea level) and surrounded by world heritage Rainforest is this world famous tourist destination known as the “Village in the Rainforest”.
Combining the Scenic Train journey with the world famous Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is a great way to experience this World Heritage listed Tropical Rainforest and Kuranda Village.
During the 90 minute journey you will climb over 40 small bridges and through many dark tunnels while winding its way from Cairns to Kuranda, learning about the Pioneering history of the Tropical North.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Train gives visitors an amazing view of the Rainforest at ground level, the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the Rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the Rainforest canopy.
Stretching 7.5 km through the tropical Rainforests of North Queensland, Skyrail provides people with a unique opportunity and a world first, to see and experience the Rainforest in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
You’ll glide just metres above the Rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the Rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations, Barron Falls and Red Peak Station
Kuranda is not complete without a visit to Rainforest Station
Set on 100 acres of World Heritage Rainforest this unique tourist attraction. You will experience the tropical Rainforest from a totally unique perspective.
Being home to the Army Duck Rainforest Tours on land and water, the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience and the Australian animals in the Koala and wildlife park along with the Outback Restaurant styled as a traditional Aussie Outback venue and is where you will enjoy your delicious BBQ Buffet Lunch.
Kuranda Classic Inclusions
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Kuranda Village
- Rainforestation Nature Park
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour
- Koala & Wildlife Park
- BBQ Buffet Lunch
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Return Transfers to and from Cairns City Accommodation
Kuranda Classic Itinerary
- 7:30 am Approximate pickup from your Cairns Accommodation
- 8.50am Board the Kuranda Scenic Railway at the Freshwater Heritage Train Station
- 10:30 am Arrive Kuranda Railway Station.
- 11:45 am Please be at the bus stop outside the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary to transfer to Rainforestation Nature Park.
- BBQ Lunch. Enjoy a delicious hot buffet and a wide selection of salads, cheeses and fruits.
- Army Duck Rainforest Tour with Tropical Fruit Orchard.
- Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience.
- learn to throw a boomerang and watch spear-throwing and didgeridoo playing.
- Koala & Wildlife Park. Join a guided tour, and see crocodiles, wombats, snakes, dingoes and a cassowary, and hand feed kangaroos and wallabies.
- You’ll have the opportunity to have your photo taken cuddling a holding a small crocodile (Optional extra)
- 3:45 pm Transfer to Kuranda Skyrail Rainforest Cableway Terminal for 4.00pm boarding.
- 5:15 pm Your coach will be at the Caravonica Skyrail Terminal to transfer you to your accommodation.
Accommodation is Not Included on this night (3rd Night)
Reef Liveaboard & Kuranda
Stateroom – Liveaboard
We accept Visa Card, Mastercard and PayPal
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
Terms And Conditions
- We reserve the right to change locations, prices, vessels and itineraries due to unforeseen circumstances and without notice, but will full consideration of safety. Each day the Captain will assess weather conditions and other circumstances to determine the vessels location
- At the start of your tour with us, all persons are required to fill out a standard Queensland Medical Declaration form. For children, this form must be filled in and signed buy a parent or guardian. All questions must be answered honestly, as it is a legal document. Your safety is our primary concern. For snorkelers, this information will simply help us advise you accordingly regarding snorkeling safety. For scuba divers, some medical conditions and/or medications and/or health issues (both past and present) may prevent a person from participating in scuba diving activities. All potential scuba divers must read the 'Scuba Divers Important Information page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au] to see if this may apply to them. If you are unsure of a medical or health condition or a medication, please contact us
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies
- If guests require private snorkel or scuba diving tours, they must book their trip with 'Top Deck Club Accommodation' - which includes a personal crew member solely assigned to your booking party for the duration of your stay
- Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Two guests travelling together are required to book a double bed cabin, unless a traveller books a 'sole occupancy cabin', meaning they will not share a room with another guest. For persons in a twin share cabin, please inform us if you are a male or female if this is not already clear from your first name – as we strive to allocate twin bed rooms with others of the same sex where possible, unless a male and female are travelling together in the same booking party. Double or twin share rooming preferences are allocated on a first come, first served basis
- SCUBA DIVING: All scuba divers booking a tour with Reef Encounter accept that they have read and agree to the 'Scuba Divers Important Information Page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au], and therefore are aware of the medical requirements for scuba within Australia and other information, terms and conditions of scuba diving
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for resort scuba diving or participation in scuba diver training is 12 years in Queensland, Australia
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for certified divers is 10 years. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives due to medical / health / medication restrictions
- SCUBA DIVING: Certified divers must be 'Open Water Diver' level or higher, and bring proof of their qualification with them to be checked by the the Dive Supervisor. If unable to verify your certification level we reserve the right to refuse a person scuba diving as a certified diver
- SCUBA DIVING: Guided dives are available at every reef location for certified divers who choose to take a guided tour (additional charge) - otherwise divers will be buddied together to go scuba diving. Certified divers remain responsible for following safe diving practices and for their own safety
- SCUBA DIVING: Non-qualified divers will be accompanied by a dive professional at all times - with a maximum of four persons to one Scuba Instructor
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum 18 hours (recommended 24 hours) is required before flying or driving to altitude after scuba diving activities
Kuranda Classic – CKB
Visa or Mastercard
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 40372700.
We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury.
We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance.
Children's prices for ages 4-14 years. Family price is for 2 adults + 2 children age 4 - 14 years.
• Infants 3 and under travel for free if nursed.
• Bus transfers may vary by 10 minutes either way due to traffic conditions. Please wait at your accommodation 10 minutes prior to pick up time