It all Starts in Cairns the Gateway to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef one of the “10 Natural Wonders of the World” and the oldest living Rainforest in the World the “Daintree Rainforest”, where you can experience two World Heritage Sites on this 4 day Scuba Dive and Daintree Rainforest package.
Spending 3 days and 2 nights on the Great Barrier Reef onboard “Reef Encounter” and 1 day discovering the splendor of the Daintree Rainforest and it’s headlands “Cape Tribulation”.
Day 1 – 3
3 Day Certified Scuba Dive
Reef Encounter’s 3 day Certified Scuba dive Tour Includes 8 day dives & 2 night dives at beautiful Outer Great Barrier Reef locations. A great choice for certified scuba divers.
Reef Encounter, offers guests an outstanding opportunity to stay on Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and is for anyone who wishes to experience the Great Barrier Reef – whether it be to enjoy the sunset, sleep on the reef, snorkeling with time to really enjoy the beauty, uniqueness and the quality reef and marine life or for those mad keen divers who want to explore everything under the water!
Reef Encounter offers all the luxury facilities of a reef resort while floating on the pristine waters of the Great Barrier Reef – making it one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia.
3 Day Certified Adventure Includes
- Double or Twin Stateroom with Private Bathroom
- 8 Day Dives and 2 Night Dive
- Dive Briefings
- On-board Chef preparing all meals whilst on board
- Coffee, Tea, Milo, Water and fresh fruit
- Snorkelling and Scuba Diving equipment (except wetsuits)
- Guided Snorkel Tours
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours
- Reef Video presentation
- Marine Biologist presentation on Reef Experience
- All Government Reef Tax and Levies
Reef Encounter Facilities
- Air conditioning
- Modern Ocean-View rooms
- Private Bathrooms
- Large Dining Area,
- Bar and Lounge area
- On board heated spa
- On board water desalination Plant
- Hydraulic dive/Snorkel Platform
- Large Sundeck
- Underwater cameras $49.00
- Wetsuit $5.00 Per day
- Soft drinks,
- snacks from the bar etc
- Alcohol available on board – NO BYO – Reef Encounter is a licenced Vessel
Reef Encounter Itinerary
|7:30 am||Breakfast onboard Reef Experience, Marlin Jetty, Cairns|
|8:00 am||Depart Marlin Jetty|
|Marine Biologist Presentation|
|Scuba Dive Snorkel briefing|
|10:30 am||Arrive Outer Great Barrier Reef ~ Transfer to Reef Encounter|
|Scuba Dive Snorkel Sun bake and relaxation time|
|3:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location|
|Dive, Snorkel, Sun bake, and relaxation time|
|Glass bottom boat tour|
|6:00 pm||Dinner & Dessert|
|7:30 pm||Night scuba dive, relaxation time, stargazing, boardgames or a movie|
|8:30 am||Scuba Dive, snorkel or lounge on a deck chair|
|10:30 am||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|1:30 pm||Scuba Dive, snorkel or lounge on a deck chair|
|2:00 pm||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|3:30 pm||Scuba Dive, snorkel or lounge on a deck chair|
|7:00 pm||Night Scuba Dive|
|Relaxation time, star watching, board games, movies|
|6:30 am||Scuba Dive or snorkel|
|8:00 am||Check out of Cabin- Store luggage in Transfer room – Share Showers|
|8:30 am||Scuba dive or snorkel|
|10:30 am||Cruise to our next spectacular reef location|
|Glass Bottom Boat Tours, Diving,|
|1:30 pm||Transfer To Reef Experience|
|Cruise tour to our next spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef location|
|1:45 pm||Snorkel, Sun bake, Relax|
|3:30 pm||Complimentary Wine and Cheese, fresh tropical fruits|
|4:30 pm||Arrive Cairns|
Important Additional Information
- Reef Encounter stays out and Cruises to different Reef Sites on the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
- Transfers from Cairns, Marina is by our Day Boat Reef Experience with a 90-minute boat journey to Reef Encounter
- Departs every day of the year
- Cabins on board Reef Encounter Are Double (1 Double Bed) and Twin share (2 Single Beds). When booking please advise your rooming preference. (We will do our best to accommodate you rooming preference).
- Please advise when booking your Accommodation details for pick-up arrangements for the Daintree Sector of this package.
- Accommodation is not included on the night of Day 2 when you arrive back into Cairns.
- Please advise any Dietary requirements
What to Bring
- Overnight bag – If you wish to store any excess luggage we are happy to do so in our office at 100 Abbott street Cairns.
- For safety reasons Reef Encounter has a “No Shoe” policy. (There is no need to bring extra pairs of shoes)
- Cash or credit card for purchases of snacks from the bar / souvenirs for sale on-board or underwater camera hire.
- Sun hat, swimming clothes, sunscreen, sunglasses, light casual clothing.
- As the air-conditioning is on a set temperature for the heat during the day it can become quite cool in the evenings, even just being on the Great Barrier Reef can be cooler at night-time, therefor a light pullover, cardigan should be packed.
Please Note: Accommodation is not included on this night (3rd Night)
Day 3 – 1 Day Daintree Rainforest
Today you will be heading to the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest. Magnificent coastal rainforest and pristine tropical beaches stretching from the sugar town of Mossman to the Bloomfield River and all within 3 hours from Cairns.
Travelling from Cairns to Cape Tribulation (the headlands of the Daintree Rainforest) along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia.
Passing through beautiful Palm Cove and continuing your journey north to the seaside village of Port Douglas, where you will enjoy a tour around town plus flagstaff hill overlooking four-mile beach and the historical St Mary’s by the Sea.
On the road again to the southern edge of the Daintree National Park – the magical “Mossman Gorge” surrounded by lush rainforest, where the clear mountain river cuts through thick Rainforest and tumbles over boulders on its journey to the sea. Enjoy a morning tea of bush scones then a guided walk in dense tropical Rainforest.
Heading further north towards the Daintree Tea House for a delicious lunch in a setting unlike any other. After Lunch you will join a small and personalised tour on the Daintree River, taking you through the domain of the large estuarine crocodiles. Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river. Look for pythons, tree snakes, butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise.
Crossing the mighty Daintree River on a cable ferry, you are now entering the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree national park.
This is where it all begins to change. You will feel like you have entered a different world with Rainforest towering over narrow winding roads.
Stopping at Alexandra lookout where you will have to opportunity for some stunning photographs on the way to Cape Tribulation.
Daintree Rainforest Itinerary
- Tour of Palm Cove
- Rex lookout: on one of the nicest coastal drives in Australia
- Driving town tour of Port Douglas, including Flagstaff hill lookout overlooking four mile beach
- Spectacular Mossman Gorge: guided walk and swim option (if time or weather permits)
- A delicious lunch, tropical fruit tasting
- Morning Tea
- Daintree River Cruise: try your luck at Crocodile and wildlife spotting
- World Heritage Rainforest/Areas
- Fully guided walks- Rainforest Boardwalks in a unique environment of rainforest Alexandra lookout–coastal views over Daintree River mouth, Low Isles, Snapper Island and beyond to the Great Barrier Reef
- Cape Tribulation beach: “where the rainforest meets the reef”
- Daintree Ice cream company- optional and popular local stop (own expense)
- Daintree River cable ferry crossing
- (Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, operational or unforseen issues)
Daintree Rainforest Inclusions
- Small group, offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late models vehicles
- Mossman Gorge
- Daintree River Cruise
- Daintree Ferry
- Morning Tea & Lunch
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Experienced Local Guides
- Interpretation: friendly, knowledgeable Naturalist/Eco/World Heritage accredited guides
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cash for optional purchases
- Water & Water Bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Rain coat/Umbrella if looks like rain
Reef Liveaboard & Rainforest
Stateroom – Liveaboard
We accept Visa Card, Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule or alter a reservation
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances – including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to make amendments to prepaid tour components; including equipment hire, guided tours or course fees. No reimbursement will be offered if persons choose not to complete the tour as booked in its entirety, once the tour has commenced
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974
Terms And Conditions
- We reserve the right to change locations, prices, vessels and itineraries due to unforeseen circumstances and without notice, but with full consideration of safety. Each day the Captain will assess weather conditions and other circumstances to determine the vessel's location
- At the start of your tour with us, all persons are required to fill out a standard Queensland Medical Declaration form. For children, this form must be filled in and signed buy a parent or guardian. All questions must be answered honestly, as it is a legal document. Your safety is our primary concern. For snorkelers, this information will simply help us advise you accordingly regarding snorkeling safety. For scuba divers, some medical conditions and/or medications and/or health issues (both past and present) may prevent a person from participating in scuba diving activities. All potential scuba divers must read the 'Scuba Divers Important Information page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au] to see if this may apply to them. If you are unsure of a medical or health condition or a medication, please contact us
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies
- If guests require private snorkel or scuba diving tours, they must book their trip with 'Top Deck Club Accommodation' a.k.a 'Luxury Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard' - which includes a personal crew member solely assigned to your booking party for the duration of your stay
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to in-water activities
- Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Two guests travelling together are required to book a double bed cabin, unless a traveler books a 'sole occupancy cabin', meaning they will not share a room with another guest. For persons in a twin share cabin, please inform us if you are a male or female if this is not already clear from your first name – as we strive to allocate twin bed rooms with others of the same sex where possible, unless a male and female are travelling together in the same booking party. Double or twin share rooming preferences are allocated on a first come, first served basis
- A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to make amendments to prepaid tour components; including equipment hire, guided tours or course fees. No reimbursement will be offered if persons choose not to complete the tour as booked in its entirety, once the tour has commenced
- SCUBA DIVING: All scuba divers booking a liveaboard tour with Reef Encounter accept that they have read and agree to the 'Scuba Divers Important Information Page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au], and therefore are aware of the age, medical and health restrictions governing all scuba activities within Australia and other information, terms and conditions of scuba diving
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for resort scuba diving or participation in scuba diver training is 12 years in Queensland, Australia
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for certified divers is 10 years. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives due to medical / health / medication restrictions
- SCUBA DIVING: Certified divers must be 'Open Water Diver' level or higher, and bring proof of their qualification with them to be checked by the the Dive Supervisor. If unable to verify your certification level we reserve the right to refuse a person scuba diving as a certified diver
- SCUBA DIVING: Guided dives are available at every reef location for certified divers who choose to take a guided tour (additional charge) - otherwise divers will be buddied together to go scuba diving. Certified divers remain responsible for following safe diving practices and for their own safety
- SCUBA DIVING: Non-qualified divers will be accompanied by a dive professional at all times - with a maximum of four persons to one Scuba Instructor
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum 18 hours (recommended 24 hours) is required before flying or driving to altitude after scuba diving activities
Daintree Rainforest Luxury Tour
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and Paypal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick-up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.