Wonderful liveaboard tours on the Great Barrier Reef
On the very best Outer Great Barrier Reefs, Cairns premier liveaboard boat ‘Reef Encounter’ is one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia…
Whether you’re a snorkeler, scuba diver or simply wish to spend time in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, everyone can travel together on a Cairns liveaboard tour.
Consistently awarded ‘number one’ snorkelling and scuba diving liveaboard by industry professionals and independents such as Trip Advisor, Reef Encounter is large enough to provide the comforts of a cruise ship yet small enough to access spectacular reef locations not accessible to other vessels.
See the reef at its best – day and night!
Simply select your arrival and departure dates – and then choose your desired activities such as snorkelling or scuba diving.
Stay for as many nights as you like in superbly appointed staterooms with double or twin bed options, or choose to upgrade to the Top Deck Club for that extra bit of VIP luxury.
With daily transfers from Cairns by boat or helicopter, Reef Encounter is the excellent alternative to a resort based holiday.
Unlimited Snorkelling (Included with all liveaboard tour bookings, suitable for all ages)
Certified Scuba Diving for qualified divers – (select this package when booking)*
Resort Scuba Diving for beginner divers – (select this package when booking)*
Learn To Scuba Dive Course – become a qualified diver (select this package when booking)*
Advanced Scuba Courses for qualified divers (select course when booking)*
Glass-bottom Boat Tours of the Reef (available free of change, upon request during your stay)
Helicopter Tours over the Great Barrier Reef (select helicopter transfer when booking)
*Scuba Diving in Australia is Subject to Conditions – this applies to Certified (qualified) and Beginner divers – please read the ‘Scuba Diving Important Information‘ page before booking any tours including scuba activities
Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Reef Encounter
All meals prepared fresh daily, by our onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert. Fruit available throughout the day along with tea & coffee. All dietary requirements will be catered for – please advise us of these when booking
The best crew on the reef! The Reef Encounter team win personal and professional awards for outstanding customer service in the tourism industry year after year
The latest snorkelling and scuba diving equipment (wetsuits are a small additional charge)
Glass bottom boat tour upon request
On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
Free luggage storage facility available at the Reef Encounter office in Cairns City
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
Terms And Conditions
- We reserve the right to change locations, prices, vessels and itineraries due to unforeseen circumstances and without notice, but will full consideration of safety. Each day the Captain will assess weather conditions and other circumstances to determine the vessels location
- At the start of your tour with us, all persons are required to fill out a standard Queensland Medical Declaration form. For children, this form must be filled in and signed buy a parent or guardian. All questions must be answered honestly, as it is a legal document. Your safety is our primary concern. For snorkelers, this information will simply help us advise you accordingly regarding snorkeling safety. For scuba divers, some medical conditions and/or medications and/or health issues (both past and present) may prevent a person from participating in scuba diving activities. All potential scuba divers must read the 'Scuba Divers Important Information page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au] to see if this may apply to them. If you are unsure of a medical or health condition or a medication, please contact us
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies
- If guests require private snorkel or scuba diving tours, they must book their trip with 'Top Deck Club Accommodation' - which includes a personal crew member solely assigned to your booking party for the duration of your stay
- Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Two guests travelling together are required to book a double bed cabin, unless a traveller books a 'sole occupancy cabin', meaning they will not share a room with another guest. For persons in a twin share cabin, please inform us if you are a male or female if this is not already clear from your first name – as we strive to allocate twin bed rooms with others of the same sex where possible, unless a male and female are travelling together in the same booking party. Double or twin share rooming preferences are allocated on a first come, first served basis
- SCUBA DIVING: All scuba divers booking a tour with Reef Encounter accept that they have read and agree to the 'Scuba Divers Important Information Page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au], and therefore are aware of the medical requirements for scuba within Australia and other information, terms and conditions of scuba diving
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for resort scuba diving or participation in scuba diver training is 12 years in Queensland, Australia
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for certified divers is 10 years. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives due to medical / health / medication restrictions
- SCUBA DIVING: Certified divers must be 'Open Water Diver' level or higher, and bring proof of their qualification with them to be checked by the the Dive Supervisor. If unable to verify your certification level we reserve the right to refuse a person scuba diving as a certified diver
- SCUBA DIVING: Guided dives are available at every reef location for certified divers who choose to take a guided tour (additional charge) - otherwise divers will be buddied together to go scuba diving. Certified divers remain responsible for following safe diving practices and for their own safety
- SCUBA DIVING: Non-qualified divers will be accompanied by a dive professional at all times - with a maximum of four persons to one Scuba Instructor
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum 18 hours (recommended 24 hours) is required before flying or driving to altitude after scuba diving activities