Click ‘Book’ to select your arrival and departure dates – and then choose your desired activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling or enroll on a dive course.
Wonderful liveaboard tours on the Great Barrier Reef
Across the very best Outer Great Barrier Reefs, Cairns premier liveaboard cruise ‘Reef Encounter’ is one of the most unique holiday escapes in Australia…
Whether you’re a scuba diver, snorkeler, or simply wish to spend time in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, everyone can travel together on a Cairns liveaboard tour.
Consistently awarded “best snorkelling and scuba diving liveaboard” by industry professionals and independents such as Trip Advisor, ‘Reef Encounter’ is large enough to provide the comforts of a cruise ship yet small enough to access spectacular reef locations not accessible to other vessels.
See the reef at its best – day and night!
Stay for as many nights as you like in superbly appointed staterooms with double or twin bed options, or choose to upgrade to the Top Deck Club for that extra bit of VIP luxury. (Click here to read more on Luxury Liveaboard Tour Options…)
With daily transfers from Cairns by boat or helicopter, Reef Encounter is the excellent alternative to a resort based holiday.
Activities: Scuba Divers / Snorkelers / More...
- Unlimited Snorkelling (Included with all liveaboard tour bookings, suitable for all ages) [More Info]
- Certified Scuba Diving for experienced divers – (select this package during booking)* [More Info]
- Resort Scuba Diving for beginner divers – (select this package during booking, or choose to give it a try once on-board)* [More Info]
- Learn To Scuba Dive Course – become a qualified diver – three day courses or four day courses available (select this package during booking)*
- Advanced Scuba Courses for qualified divers (select course during booking)*
- Glass-bottom Boat Tours of the Reef – a fun and informative way to view the reef for all ages (available free of change, upon request during your stay)
- Helicopter Tours over the Great Barrier Reef (select helicopter transfer when booking)
*Scuba Diving in Australia is Subject to Conditions – this applies to Certified (qualified) and Beginner divers – please read the ‘Scuba Diving Important Information‘ page before booking any tours including scuba activities
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with ‘Reef Encounter’ Liveaboard Cruise
- Access to some of the very best locations across a range of outer Great Barrier Reefs. Locations are selected daily by the Captain, for optimal Reef conditions based on weather and other variables. The number of locations visited will depend on your chosen length of stay
- Outstanding Cuisine: All meals prepared fresh daily, by an onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desert. Fruit available throughout the day along with tea & coffee. All dietary requirements will be catered for – please advise us of these when booking
- The best crew on the reef – The Reef Encounter team win personal and professional awards for outstanding customer service in the tourism industry year after year
- All snorkelling and scuba diving equipment (wetsuits are a small additional charge)
- Glass bottom boat tours upon request
- Use of all on-board facilities: hot tub, lounge, sundeck etc. (See ‘Facilities’ below)
- On your transfer voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to an informative Marine Biology presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Free luggage storage facility available at the ‘Reef Encounter’ office in Cairns City
- ‘Reef Encounter’ is a fully air conditioned hotel style liveaboard, designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea
- Large dining saloon
- Fully licenced bar
- TV and lounge area
- Outdoor, fresh water hot-tub
- Spacious sundeck with sun loungers
- Large, easy access dive and snorkel platforms
- Helicopter pad on the roof for low-flying scenic helicopter tours over the coral reef as your transfer to/from ‘Reef Encounter’ (optional extra)
- ‘Reef Encounter’ offers a choice between double or twin bed cabins at no additional cost* (See policies)
- Spacious, fully air-conditioned cabins – with ocean views
- All cabins have their own en-suite toilet & shower
- Towels and toiletries provided (soap, shampoo)
- All cabins have Australian power outlets
- ‘Reef Encounter’ Liveaboard trips depart from Cairns Marina every day, via a fast transfer vessel ‘Reef Experience’. Check-In and Boarding is at 7.30am (for an 8am departure)
- Alternatively, you may choose to transfer to and/or from ‘Reef Encounter’ by helicopter. The helicopter transfer is an optional extra that you may select during your booking process online
- Bus transfers to and from your Cairns accommodation are available to the Marina at an additional cost and may be booked during your online reservation, or added at a later date by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Approximate arrival time back into the Cairns Marina on the final day of your tour is 4.30pm