A liveaboard cruise you’ll treasure forever…
The VIP Top Deck Club aboard ‘Reef Encounter’ is the ultimate way to see the very best of the Outer Great Barrier Reef…
Whether you’re a snorkeler, scuba diver or simply wish to spend time in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef, the Top Deck Club guarantees a relaxing reef holiday, styled your way!
Ideal for those looking for a luxury getaway, groups who enjoy VIP treatment or anyone desiring personalised in-water care.
What Is Reef Encounter’s Top Deck Club?
Much like ‘first class’ with an airline, it’s a trip that’s tailored to your personal needs and so everybody’s Top Deck experience will be specialised.
Top Deck liveaboard tours come with many additional luxuries including (but not limited to) a dedicated personal valet, late check-out times and deluxe three course evening meals. Read on for more exclusive Top Deck services…
A crew member just for you! Whether it’s a professional in-water guide for private snorkel/scuba tours, a fountain of marine-life knowledge or all of the above, your personal crew member ensures your holiday flows the way you want it to.
- The best rooms on the boat
- Spacious en-suite cabins with uninterrupted ocean views, crisp Australian bed linen, plush bath robes, towels and toiletries
- Champagne and a fruit platter await you upon arrival*
- An evening turn down service for your cabin
- Towels and toiletries are replenished
- *If you’re getting in the water, complimentary champagne will be served with your evening meal instead
- A deluxe three course evening meal, freshly prepared by our onboard Chef each night of your stay*
- Choose to dine privately under the stars or join the rest of the guests in the spacious dining saloon
- Enjoy an Australian continental or cooked breakfast served to you just the way you like it, or join the rest of the guests for a buffet style breakfast served in the dining saloon*
- Complimentary sunset cocktails
- Appreciate ocean views from the deck or outdoor spa as you sip an Australian cocktail with sunset over the Coral Sea …a perfect setting for photography lovers!
- Late check-out times! On your day of departure, Top Deck guests keep their cabin right up until the transfer vessel departs to take you back to Cairns
- On the voyage to Reef Encounter, you will have the option to listen to a Marine Biology Presentation about the coral reef and marine animals
- Top Deck guests can also enjoy a selection of local press coffee, tea and juices
- On the journey back to Cairns enjoy a complimentary glass of wine and a cheese and fruit platter
*All dietary requirements will be met. Please advise our friendly team of any special requests upon booking.
We accept Visa Card, Mastercard and PayPal
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is required to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
Terms And Conditions
- We reserve the right to change locations, prices, vessels and itineraries due to unforeseen circumstances and without notice, but will full consideration of safety. Each day the Captain will assess weather conditions and other circumstances to determine the vessels location
- At the start of your tour with us, all persons are required to fill out a standard Queensland Medical Declaration form. For children, this form must be filled in and signed buy a parent or guardian. All questions must be answered honestly, as it is a legal document. Your safety is our primary concern. For snorkelers, this information will simply help us advise you accordingly regarding snorkeling safety. For scuba divers, some medical conditions and/or medications and/or health issues (both past and present) may prevent a person from participating in scuba diving activities. All potential scuba divers must read the 'Scuba Divers Important Information page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au] to see if this may apply to them. If you are unsure of a medical or health condition or a medication, please contact us
- All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies
- If guests require private snorkel or scuba diving tours, they must book their trip with 'Top Deck Club Accommodation' - which includes a personal crew member solely assigned to your booking party for the duration of your stay
- Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team
- Two guests travelling together are required to book a double bed cabin, unless a traveller books a 'sole occupancy cabin', meaning they will not share a room with another guest. For persons in a twin share cabin, please inform us if you are a male or female if this is not already clear from your first name – as we strive to allocate twin bed rooms with others of the same sex where possible, unless a male and female are travelling together in the same booking party. Double or twin share rooming preferences are allocated on a first come, first served basis
- SCUBA DIVING: All scuba divers booking a tour with Reef Encounter accept that they have read and agree to the 'Scuba Divers Important Information Page' located on the Reef Encounter website [reefencounter.com.au], and therefore are aware of the medical requirements for scuba within Australia and other information, terms and conditions of scuba diving
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for resort scuba diving or participation in scuba diver training is 12 years in Queensland, Australia
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum age for certified divers is 10 years. All junior divers must either be accompanied by a certified parent or guardian or must dive with a dive professional at an additional charge
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives
- SCUBA DIVING: No refunds will be offered for uncompleted dives due to medical / health / medication restrictions
- SCUBA DIVING: Certified divers must be 'Open Water Diver' level or higher, and bring proof of their qualification with them to be checked by the the Dive Supervisor. If unable to verify your certification level we reserve the right to refuse a person scuba diving as a certified diver
- SCUBA DIVING: Guided dives are available at every reef location for certified divers who choose to take a guided tour (additional charge) - otherwise divers will be buddied together to go scuba diving. Certified divers remain responsible for following safe diving practices and for their own safety
- SCUBA DIVING: Non-qualified divers will be accompanied by a dive professional at all times - with a maximum of four persons to one Scuba Instructor
- SCUBA DIVING: Minimum 18 hours (recommended 24 hours) is required before flying or driving to altitude after scuba diving activities