Explore the Great Barrier Reef on our Budget Scuba Dive
Compass Cruises is a local Cairns icon and has been taking people to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for many years. If it’s value for money you’re looking for and a memorable day on the Reef then our budget cruise has it all!
We will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sun deck, see the Great Barrier Reef from the glass bottom boat (optional Extra) or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet. Scuba Diving is available as an optional extra for all levels of experience.
Our Budget Scuba Dive Tour – Travel on Compass Cruises for the day as a certified scuba diver and enjoy one or two dives at pristine outer Great Barrier Reef locations!
Scuba dive with a buddy or pay an extra $15 per person for a guided scuba dive with our wonderful crew and be shown the very best of the Great Barrier Reef.
Travelling alone? The Compass Cruises team will organise a buddy for you on the day if you wish to dive non-guided.
Budget scuba dive is for qualified divers who hold a scuba diving licence if you are not a certified diver and would like to scuba dive you can try our resort dive package
- 1 Certified Scuba Dive
- 2 Spectacular Outer Reef Sites (weather permitting)
- Scuba Diving Equipment (excluding Wetsuits)
- BBQ Lunch with fresh Salads
- Experienced and Helpful Crew
- Unlimited Snorkelling
Your Tour Includes
- Two spectacular Outer Great Barrier Reef locations (weather permitting)
- 1 certified scuba dive -option to select 2 dives upon booking
- Unlimited snorkelling Up to 4 hours at the reef
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads
- Snorkelling & scuba diving equipment (excluding Wetsuits)
- Boomnetting (weather permitting)
- Wine, cheese & biscuits on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day while boat is stationary
- Experienced & helpful crew
- Government Reef Levies and Taxes
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Sun cream
- Swimming clothes
- Proof of certification if you are a certified scuba diver
- 07:30 Board Compass Vessel at “Marlin Marina” – Marlin Wharf Berth 18
- 08:00 Depart Marlin Wharf
- 10:15 Arrive at first Outer Great Barrier Reef Location
- 12:30 BBQ Lunch
- 1300 Arrive at second Outer Reef Location
- 15:00 Boomnetting (weather permitting)
- 15:30 A glass of wine, cheese, biscuits and tropical fruits are served on Return Journey
- 17:00 – 17.30 Arrive Back to Marlin Marina
- ITINERARIES CAN BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- 2nd Certified Dive $45.00 (first scuba dive included in this tour)
- Dive Guide for Certified Divers $15.00 per person per dive
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting) $15.00
- Return Bus transfers from your Cairns City Accommodation $12.00 (please advise when booking where you are staying to enable us to process your reservation efficiently)
- Wetsuit hire $5.00 (During stinger season, stinger suits are included with your equipment. These are not the same as wetsuits, which provide flotation and warmth)
- Prescription masks $10.00
- Underwater Camera Hire $59.00
- Fully licensed bar
- Please advise of dietary requirements upon booking.
- Scuba diving is subject to age and medical restrictions.
- Please read the terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Certified divers are required to provide proof of certification – card or logbook – to the Dive Instructor on the day.
- For assistance with lost or missing card verification, please contact our friendly office team in advance who will do all they can to verify your diver rating, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +61 7 4037 2700
Budget Scuba Dive
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.