This tour is a great option for everyone, including families and non-swimmers. A range of activities are available for all levels of ability. With so much to do, the Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef Pontoon has something for everyone.
Ultimate comfort on the reef
The Port Douglas Great Barrier Reef Pontoon is designed for comfort and convenience. The stable platforms provide easy access to the water. Covered areas provide shelter from the elements. Unlimited semi-submersible tours and an underwater observatory allow you to see the reef without swimming.
The Port DouglasGreat Barrier Reef Pontoon is family-friendly and disability-friendly.
To view other awesome tours in Port Douglas, clickHERE
09:15am – Check-in a the marina to collect your boarding passes.
09:30am – Enjoy complimentary morning tea directly after you board.
10:00am – The boat departs. The large, stable vessel provides a smooth journey to the Outer Barrier Reef.
10:30am – Marine biology presentation and diving briefings.
11:30am – Arrive at the Outer Great Barrier Reef Pontoon. The boat stays here for 3.5 hours, which gives you plenty of time to enjoy everything on offer.
12:00pm – 1:30pm – Lunch is served buffet-style. In addition, full bar facilities are available in case you want to purchase drinks.
3:00pm – The vessel departs the Great Barrier Reef Pontoon.
4:30 pm – The boat arrives back in Port Douglas.
3.5 hours at a fixed Great Barrier Reef Pontoon.
Stunning Outer Great Barrier Reef site.
All snorkeling equipment and instruction.
Semi-Submersible tours with commentary (weather permitting).
Qualified life guard to watch all swimmers.
Underwater Observatory – See the life beneath without getting wet!
Reef Presentation by a qualified marine biologist.
Educational fish feeding show.
Hot & cold tropical buffet lunch including prawns.
Morning & afternoon tea.
Environmental Management Fee.
Return bus transfers from your Port Douglas accommodation. (Please note: Transfers from Thala Beach and Silky Oaks are an additional cost).
Get More Out Of Your Day!
Scenic Helicopter Flights.
Underwater Digital Camera Hire available on board.
Professional photography packages.
Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour – Beginner Tour or Advanced Tour options are available.
Scuba Diving* for qualified divers (Certified). Up to 3 dives available.
‘Resort Scuba Diving’* for beginners. No experience needed. Up to 3 dives available.
Sea Walker (Helmet Diving)*
Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, ice cream, alcohol etc.
Prescription mask hire if you require vision correcting glasses.
Hotel transfers from Cairns and Northern Beaches hotels.
*Subject to medical conditions – see ‘Important Information for Scuba & Sea Walkers’ below.
What to bring
Cash or credit card for extra purchases – Note: credit card surcharges may apply
Swimming Costume & Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
Safety always comes first!
Not sure if you’re medically fit to dive in Queensland? Take our Can I go Diving?questionnaire.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
If you have a history of medical conditions, operations, are taking medication, or have used an inhaler, then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please do not hesitate to contact our office before booking.
We accept Visa Card or MasterCard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein.
Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 40372700.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities.
• In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger.
• Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done by contacting our friendly reservations team.
SCUBA DIVING - IMPORTANT INFORMATION in case any diving can take place on the tour, please add to the T&C’s.
• You will be required to complete a Medical Questionnaire before participating in any Scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Queensland Diving Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor on board.
• For example: Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler, Brain, spinal cord or nervous/anxiety disorder, Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint. Chronic sinus condition, Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax), Diabetes, Chest Surgery, Heart Disease of any kind high, blood pressure, Crones Disease, however medical conditions are not limited to the aforementioned there are many other conditions.
• If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or medication, please check with our Office before booking your dive.
• It is the Passenger's Responsibility to be proactive in relation to their medical conditions and taking of medications to ensure they are ok to scuba dive if they wish to do so on the day.
• If you have not been proactive in checking with our office regarding any medical issues prior to your Reef Trip, you must be aware that details of your medication will be sent
to the Queensland Dive Doctors on the Day of Travel. This can be difficult for the Dive Doctors as they do not know your medical history.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
• Prior and existing Medical conditions where medication is not being taken cannot be sent to the Dive Doctors therefor important to contact our office.
• Please be advised that if you are not allowed to Scuba Dive due to your medical condition/medication that this is the decision from the Queensland Dive Doctors and their decision is final.
• DO NOT presume that by taking medication is controlling your medical conditions and you should be fine to scuba dive as it is the medication that can be the problem when scuba diving.
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you do have any pre-existing/existing medical conditions or are taking any medication whatsoever and are not sure whether you will be deemed medically fit to Scuba Dive, Please Contact Our Office on 07 4037 2700 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we will be only too happy to help you and can contact the Dive Doctors before your trip to see whether you will need a dive medical or not. Alternatively, consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms 'AS.4005.1.'