An unforgettable family Great Barrier Reef tour
Reef Experience’s family day tour is Cairns all inclusive package tour packed with family friendly activities …plus the chance for Mum and Dad to relax! There’s fun for everyone from Grandparents to toddlers and all in between.
Reef Experience family package is for 2 adults and 2 children age 4-11 years. Additional adults or children may be added. 3 years old and under travel free.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkelling at morning and afternoon locations. All equipment INCLUDING wetsuit hire – adult and kids sizes available
- FREE Scuba Dive For Adults (over 12 years)* (Certified Dive qualified OR Resort Dive no-experience necessary at the first reef location for everyone over age 12 and medically fit to scuba) See Medical Conditions below in “Important Information for Scuba Diving”
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Tour (weather permitting)
- FREE Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- FREE Marine Biology Presentation
- Breakfast: Bacon & egg barbecue rolls, coffee, tea and fruit platters
- Delicious Buffet BBQ lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese & fruit platter & complimentary wine / fruit cordial on return journey
- All dietary requirements catered for. (Vegetarian/gluten free etc: please advise upon booking)
- All food is locally sourced where possible and prepared fresh by on-board Chef
- FREE Crew assistance for non-confident snorkelers (flotation aids available). Friendly and professional crew are ready to jump with everyone who require assistance to have fun and experience the magic of the reef!
- Large Sun Deck with padded loungers and air conditioned indoor areas
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees. Unlike other operators, mandatory levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost so there won’t be extra charges on the day
- No hidden costs!
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases: Soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc.
- Marine Biologist Guided Snorkel Tour of the reef: Snorkel with an experienced Marine Biologist and learn about the marine life you see on an educational and interactive tour – Great for school age children!
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area
- Second Scuba Dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00AUD
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marina: ‘A-Finger‘ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:25 am for check-in, directly on the vessel ‘Reef Experience’Arrive back to Cairns Marina at approximately 4:30pm
Terms of Tour
- Please read full Policies, Terms & Conditions prior to booking any tour. Below is a brief overview only
- Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirements prior to date of travel
- Please re-confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel
- We require 48 hours to re-schedule a trip subject to availability (see Cancellation Policy)
- Locations, prices, vessel and itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety
- Children prices are for ages 4-11 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years
- Child minding and supervision remains solely the responsibility of parents/guardians – Reef Experience offers no child minding facilities
- Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended. We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure
- Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and beginner divers):
- No refunds on uncompleted dives
- Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities – SEE Important Information for SCUBA DIVING below
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
- Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience boat at the Cairns Marina ‘A-Finger’ for check-in View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
- 08:00 – Depart Cairns. Safety talk with snorkel briefing
- 08:30 – Marine Biology presentation, followed by detailed scuba dive briefing for those participating
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat Tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
Important Information FOR SCUBA DIVING
Your trip on-board “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive at the first Great Barrier Reef location
What is a Certified Dive? A Certified Scuba dive is when you have completed an “Open Water” Dive Course or higher and have a divers licence as proof of qualification (generally takes 3 – 4 days to complete)
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small groups of 4 guests, under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor. Resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone go Scuba Diving? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive. Scuba Diving in Australia is subject to medical conditions – this applies to qualified Certified Divers AND beginner Resort Divers alike. Both past and present, medication and/or health concerns may prevent participation in scuba activities (See Medical Conditions). The minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world
IMPORTANT Please be aware that some Medical Conditions (past or present) or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities. If you wish to partake in our Certified Scuba Dive OR Beginner Scuba Dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive. To prevent disappointment on-the day, if you have had any medical condition OR are taking any medication OR have ANY health condition, please contact our friendly team who can advise whether you are required to get an Australian Standards Medical Certificate prior to the day of your trip.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local accredited Scuba Dive Doctor before your tour and let you know in advance by email if they may prevent you diving. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous under pressure. These checks may be done within 90 days of your reef trip and are valid as long as there is no change in your medical situation. (Medication checks can also be done on the day of travel, however in some instances it can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you, so it is recommended to check in advance if this will be necessary). On your day of travel, we can only give them the information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the Dive Doctor may require a medical consultation to clear you for diving in advance of your trip.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will be required to bring a current dive medical certificate stating that it conforms to Australian Standard ‘AS.4005.1‘ before being allowed to Scuba Dive. These include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma / Wheezing OR use of an Inhaler even for sports endurance or allergies
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder (including Epilepsy)
- Chronic bronchitis, persistent chest complaint or any lung condition
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Any Heart Conditions – past or present
- Crones Disease
- Anything that may cause fits, faints or blackouts
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will be required to bring a current dive medical certificate stating that it conforms to Australian Standard ‘AS. 4005.1‘ before being allowed to Scuba Dive. These include, but are not limited to:
- High or Low Blood Pressure
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- Ear Surgery
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Any disease
- Any illness or operation within the last 3 months
- Perforated eardrum
**Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving**
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions not listed.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government
Please contact our office, if you require further information regarding possible medical conditions
If you have existing or pre-existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
Flying after Scuba divingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
Children’s prices are for ages 4-11 years old. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years. 3 years and under travel free. Child supervision remains solely the responsibility of Parents/Guardians – Reef Experience offers no child minding facilities
Please read the Policies, Terms & Conditions before booking any tour
**Some medical conditions (past or present), medications and/or health conditions may prevent participation in scuba diving activities
Reef Experience Family Tour
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please see MEDICAL ADVICE below… It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit to Scuba Dive.
It is important to read all the below Terms and Conditions – If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please scroll down to see MEDICAL ADVICE below…
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SCUBA DIVING - MEDICAL ADVICE
• Please read the below Medical Advice, Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy Carefully.
• One free Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba dive.
• Your health and safety is of paramount importance to our company. Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the world - with the safest dive record in the world
• Under Queensland Government Laws you are required to fill out a Medical Questionnaire for swimming, snorkelling and Scuba Diving after boarding Reef Experience.
• Some Medical Conditions and Medication can prevent you from participating in Scuba Diving even if you are a certified diver.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler / Ventalin for any reason you will need a DIVE MEDICAL before diving
• Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
• Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
• Chronic sinus condition
• Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
• Chest Surgery
• Heart Disease of any kind
• If you have a cold you cannot scuba dive
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Chronic ear discharge or infection
• High blood pressure
• Ear Surgery
• Fainting Seizures or blackouts
• Recurrent ear problems when flying
• Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
• Any illness or operation within the last month
• Perforated eardrum
• Suffering a common cold
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater.
These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a passenger to ensure that you will be able to scuba dive if you have any MEDICAL CONDITIONS or taking any MEDICATION. Being proactive can avoid disappointment on the day of being refused to scuba dive.
If you have any EXISTING or PREVIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS or Taking Any Medication please be proactive before your trip and contact our office on +61 7 40372700.
Do not presume that by taking medication you have controlled your medical condition it is the medication also that can have side effects when diving.
Your safety is our first priority so if you wish to dive with us and have any of these conditions we will require you to have an Australian dive medical to the Australian standard AS.4005.1.
This can be obtained at most 24hour medical centres.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions. On +61 7 40372700
FLYING after SCUBA DIVING
Currently the regulation state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 to 18 hours after a scuba dive
For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive
We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
• Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirement prior to date of travel.
• Please re confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel.
• We require 48 hours to re schedule you trip subject to availability (see cancellation policy)
• Locations, Prices, Vessel and Itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety.
• Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended.
• Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and first time divers):
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
• You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
• Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.