Great Barrier Reef & Chillagoe Caves!
Cairns Reef and Outback Tour includes 2 days one day discovering the Great Barrier Reef and one day exploring the Queensland Outback we will take you to the Outer Great Barrier Reef on a day to remember with Reef Experience and then out west over the Great Dividing Range to the Queensland Australian outback and Chillagoe Caves.
You can decide which order to experience this tour just simply mention your preference in our note section when booking
Day One of your Reef and Outback Experience
Reef Experience is the only “Fully Inclusive” Great Barrier Reef Trip departing from Cairns. Inner City Bus transfers, BBQ Bacon and Egg Rolls and fruit platters, Coffee or Tea for breakfast, unlimited snorkeling, a Certified Dive or Introductory Dive (Subject to Medical Conditions), Glass bottom boat tour, Government Reef Levies.
Dedicated Crew that will help you to snorkel if you are having concerns.
Join the crew aboard “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable 90 minute journey on a fast catamaran to 2 (two) pristine outer Great Barrier Reef locations and explore the spectacular underwater world of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
- Visit two Outer Barrier Reef locations with unlimited snorkelling!
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba
- All snorkelling & scuba diving equipment & tuition
- Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
- BBQ breakfast roll & fruit platters lunch prepared fresh at the reef
- Afternoon wine, cheese & biscuits
- Tea & Coffee
- Marine Biology Presentation
- Transfers to and from the marina if you are staying in the Cairns business area.
- Departs every day
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 07:45 Board Reef Experience vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns 08:00
- Departure Marlin Jetty for the trip to the Great Barrier Reef 08:30
- Breakfast -BBQ bacon & Egg Rolls 09:30
- Arrive at our first spectacular reef site 10:30
- Glass Bottom Boat tour 12:30
- Lunch 13:00
- Cruise to our second location 15:00
- Depart the Great Barrier Reef 15:30
- Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits 16:30
- Arrive back in Cairns
Day Two of your Adventure – Chillagoe Caves
Chillagoe lies within a belt of limestone approximately 5 km wide and 45 km long. Travelling 215 km or 3 hours’ drive west of Cairns heading to the northern end of the Atherton Tablelands and over the Great Dividing Range.
You will embark on a remarkable journey back to prehistoric time when dinosaurs ruled the earth.
Stopping at the Mareeba Wetlands for morning tea and a cruise in this magnificent setting seeing the Giant Lotus Lilly’s up close along with so many different Water Birds as well.
From here you will travel through the back blocks of this wetland area viewing Wallabies, Emus and other wildlife and then along the agricultural paddocks of this fertile area, eventually crossing over the Great Divide and into the Western watershed.
You are now in the Australian Outback.
Take a step back in time as we travel through historical towns and rolling hills rich in mineral eventually giving way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe Township.
After delving into the history of the copper smelters it is time for lunch at a unique outback pub.
Before setting off to the Chillagoe cave tour after which you will start heading back to Cairns.
Outback & Chillegoe Caves Inclusions
- Courtesy Pick up and return From Your accommodation between Cairns and Smithfield
- Custom-built, high clearance air conditioned 4WD vehicles.
- Mareeba Wetlands
- Morning Tea
- Delicious Aussie Lunch
- National Park Ranger guided Chillagoe Cave Tour Chillagoe Smelters Mt Uncle Distillery
Outback & Chillagoe Caves Itinerary
- Days of travel for your Outback Day tour are: MONDAY’S – WEDNESDAY’S –FRIDAY’S
- 0700 Pick-up from your Accommodation
- 1830 Return to your Accommodation
- There is no set Itinerary
What to Bring
- Money for afternoon tea
- hat, camera, closed in footwear, comfortable clothing, sunscreen and water bottle
- Please ensure that you wear closed in footwear for the cave tour please. No Thongs or High Heels on this tour.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves.
- The tour may be closed or itinerary changed due to the wet season where conditions may close roads and access to the caves.
Your Reef and Outback Experience does not include Accommodation.
Reef and Outback Experience
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
Reef Experience require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
Refund & Cancellation fees are as follows:
• 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
• 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
• 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours’ notice from you when rescheduling a reservation subject to availability.
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to load on your scheduled tour. Our vessel departures cannot be delayed because of your late arrival. This includes events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, inclement weather etc.
There is no refund or compensation given for any prepaid courses, equipment or guides if you are unable to complete the tour in its entirety.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• We require 48 hours’ notice if you wish to re-schedule your booking
• Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances , but with full consideration of your enjoyment
• All Reef Levies and EMC charges are included in your booking price
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive
Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or
medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage,
delay or personal injury.
• We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.
Thank you for choosing Chillagoe Caves & Outback
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.