Great Barrier Reef & Chillagoe Caves!
Cairns Reef and Outback Tour includes 2 days one day discovering the Great Barrier Reef and one day exploring the Queensland Outback we will take you to the Outer Great Barrier Reef on a day to remember with Reef Experience and then out west over the Great Dividing Range to the Queensland Australian outback and Chillagoe Caves.
You can decide which order to experience this tour just simply mention your preference in our note section when booking
Day One of your Reef and Outback Experience
Reef Experience is the only “Fully Inclusive” Great Barrier Reef Trip departing from Cairns. Inner City Bus transfers, BBQ Bacon and Egg Rolls and fruit platters, Coffee or Tea for breakfast, unlimited snorkeling, a Certified Dive or Introductory Dive (Subject to Medical Conditions), Glass bottom boat tour, Government Reef Levies.
Dedicated Crew that will help you to snorkel if you are having concerns.
Join the crew aboard “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable 90 minute journey on a fast catamaran to 2 (two) pristine outer Great Barrier Reef locations and explore the spectacular underwater world of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
- Visit two Outer Barrier Reef locations with unlimited snorkelling!
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba
- All snorkelling & scuba diving equipment & tuition
- Glass bottom boat tour (weather permitting)
- BBQ breakfast roll & fruit platters lunch prepared fresh at the reef
- Afternoon wine, cheese & biscuits
- Tea & Coffee
- Marine Biology Presentation
- Transfers to and from the marina if you are staying in the Cairns business area.
- Departs every day
Great Barrier Reef Itinerary
- 07:45 Board Reef Experience vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns 08:00
- Departure Marlin Jetty for the trip to the Great Barrier Reef 08:30
- Breakfast -BBQ bacon & Egg Rolls 09:30
- Arrive at our first spectacular reef site 10:30
- Glass Bottom Boat tour 12:30
- Lunch 13:00
- Cruise to our second location 15:00
- Depart the Great Barrier Reef 15:30
- Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits 16:30
- Arrive back in Cairns
Day Two of your Adventure – Chillagoe Caves
Chillagoe lies within a belt of limestone approximately 5 km wide and 45 km long. Travelling 215 km or 3 hours’ drive west of Cairns heading to the northern end of the Atherton Tablelands and over the Great Dividing Range.
You will embark on a remarkable journey back to prehistoric time when dinosaurs ruled the earth.
Stopping at the Mareeba Wetlands for morning tea and a cruise in this magnificent setting seeing the Giant Lotus Lilly’s up close along with so many different Water Birds as well.
From here you will travel through the back blocks of this wetland area viewing Wallabies, Emus and other wildlife and then along the agricultural paddocks of this fertile area, eventually crossing over the Great Divide and into the Western watershed.
You are now in the Australian Outback.
Take a step back in time as we travel through historical towns and rolling hills rich in mineral eventually giving way to towering limestone karsts scattered around Chillagoe Township.
After delving into the history of the copper smelters it is time for lunch at a unique outback pub.
Before setting off to the Chillagoe cave tour after which you will start heading back to Cairns.
Outback & Chillegoe Caves Inclusions
- Courtesy Pick up and return From Your accommodation between Cairns and Smithfield
- Custom-built, high clearance air conditioned 4WD vehicles.
- Mareeba Wetlands
- Morning Tea
- Delicious Aussie Lunch
- National Park Ranger guided Chillagoe Cave Tour Chillagoe Smelters Mt Uncle Distillery
Outback & Chillagoe Caves Itinerary
- Days of travel for your Outback Day tour are: MONDAY’S – WEDNESDAY’S –FRIDAY’S
- 0700 Pick-up from your Accommodation
- 1830 Return to your Accommodation
- There is no set Itinerary
What to Bring
- Money for afternoon tea
- hat, camera, closed in footwear, comfortable clothing, sunscreen and water bottle
- Please ensure that you wear closed in footwear for the cave tour please. No Thongs or High Heels on this tour.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for this tour as there are steps into the caves.
- The tour may be closed or itinerary changed due to the wet season where conditions may close roads and access to the caves.
Your Reef and Outback Experience does not include Accommodation.
Reef and Outback Experience
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please see MEDICAL ADVICE below… It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit to Scuba Dive.
It is important to read all the below Terms and Conditions – If you wish to participate in SCUBA DIVING please scroll down to see MEDICAL ADVICE below…
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SCUBA DIVING - MEDICAL ADVICE
• Please read the below Medical Advice, Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy Carefully.
• One free Certified Scuba Dive or Resort Scuba Dive for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba dive.
• Your health and safety is of paramount importance to our company. Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the world - with the safest dive record in the world
• Under Queensland Government Laws you are required to fill out a Medical Questionnaire for swimming, snorkelling and Scuba Diving after boarding Reef Experience.
• Some Medical Conditions and Medication can prevent you from participating in Scuba Diving even if you are a certified diver.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler / Ventalin for any reason you will need a DIVE MEDICAL before diving
• Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
• Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
• Chronic sinus condition
• Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
• Chest Surgery
• Heart Disease of any kind
• If you have a cold you cannot scuba dive
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
• Chronic ear discharge or infection
• High blood pressure
• Ear Surgery
• Fainting Seizures or blackouts
• Recurrent ear problems when flying
• Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
• Any illness or operation within the last month
• Perforated eardrum
• Suffering a common cold
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater.
These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as a passenger to ensure that you will be able to scuba dive if you have any MEDICAL CONDITIONS or taking any MEDICATION. Being proactive can avoid disappointment on the day of being refused to scuba dive.
If you have any EXISTING or PREVIOUS MEDICAL CONDITIONS or Taking Any Medication please be proactive before your trip and contact our office on +61 7 40372700.
Do not presume that by taking medication you have controlled your medical condition it is the medication also that can have side effects when diving.
Your safety is our first priority so if you wish to dive with us and have any of these conditions we will require you to have an Australian dive medical to the Australian standard AS.4005.1.
This can be obtained at most 24hour medical centres.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws - we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions. On +61 7 40372700
FLYING after SCUBA DIVING
Currently the regulation state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 to 18 hours after a scuba dive
For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive
We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
• Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirement prior to date of travel.
• Please re confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel.
• We require 48 hours to re schedule you trip subject to availability (see cancellation policy)
• Locations, Prices, Vessel and Itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety.
• Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended.
• Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and first time divers):
• No refunds on uncompleted dives.
• Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
• You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
• Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.
Thank you for choosing Chillagoe Caves & Outback
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.