Cairns Reef, Train and Skyrail
Our 2 Day budget tour allows you to see Cairns’ highlights at a reasonable price. Take the adventure of a lifetime out to visit the Great Barrier Reef; which is a World Listed Heritage site. Then travel to the stunning Kuranda Village by Train and Skyrail.
Day 1: Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
Compass Cruises is a Cairns local icon and has been taking people to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for many years.
If it’s value for money you’re looking for and a memorable day on the Great Barrier Reef then this Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise has it all!
Compass will have you escaping for an unforgettable, unrushed day enjoying a relaxed leisurely cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef.
Snorkel and dive amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical marine life at one of the natural wonders of the world.
Relax on the huge sundeck, see the Great Barrier Reef from the glass bottom boat (optional Extra) or take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
Scuba Diving is available for all levels of experience and snorkelling is made easy with our helpful crew.
- Snorkel Equipment hire & tuition (excluding wetsuits)
- Floatation devices
- Fresh fruit platters when boarding
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads (dietary requirement catered for)
- Boomnetting the “Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Glass of Wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Complimentary tea & coffee all day (whilst vessel is stationary)
- All Reef Taxes and Levies
- Assistance for non confident swimmers
- Compass Cruises is also a disability friendly tour
- Please advise of any dietary requirements when booking
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes
- Proof of certification if a certified diver
- Booking voucher
Important Additional Information
- Please read the important information, terms and conditions prior to booking your trip.
- Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
- Children prices are for ages 4-14 years.
- Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-14 years only.
- When Booking please advise your accommodation details in the Notes section for the Scenic Train and Skyrail section for Pickup
Day Two: Scenic Train & Skyrail (KSR)
Cairns Scenic Train and Skyrail journey to Kuranda is an exciting one. Just 25km northwest of Cairns in far north Queensland (1180ft above sea level) and surrounded by world heritage rainforest is this picturesque mountain retreat.
Combining the Scenic Rail journey with the world famous Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is a great way to experience this World Heritage listed tropical rainforest and Kuranda.
Travelling by the scenic rail you will learn about the pioneering history of the tropical north. During the 90 minute journey climbing over 40 small bridges and through many dark tunnels while winding its way from Cairns to Kuranda.
You will be in awe of the excellent views of the world listed rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls within the Barron Gorge National Park.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Rail gives visitors an amazing view of the rainforest at ground level, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
Stretching 7.5 km through the tropical rainforests of North Queensland, Skyrail provides people with a unique opportunity and a world first, to see and experience the rainforest in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations where you can hop off and enjoy rainforest walks along the boardwalks.
- Return bus transfers to and from Cairns City Accommodation (Bus Pickups are not available from Outside of Cairns City Area example Northern Beaches, Port Douglas)
- 5 hours to spend exploring Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Skyrail Cablecar
What to Bring
- Comfortable Walking shoes
- Camera Cash/Creditcard for purchases
- bottle of water
Make your time in Cairns, Far North Queensland a memorable by booking 2 Day Budget Tour
Reef and Rainforest on a budget
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
The Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Thankyou for choosing Scenic Train and Skyrail
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
100% cancellation Fee applies to all day tours cancelled within 24 hours of departure or no show, and all extended tours (2 days or more) cancelled within 72 hours prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.