3 Great things to do in Cairns enjoy what Far North Queensland has to offer in this great 3 day package, Kuranda Scenic Train and Skyrail, The amazingGreat Barrier Reef and the beautiful Daintree Rainforest.
Day 1 – Cape Tribulation, Mossman Gorge -Daintree Rainforest
Explore the oldest living Rainforest in the world, the “Daintree Rainforest” estimated to be over 180 millions years old. The Daintree Rainforest is a time capsule of botanical development and one of the worlds most precious botanical treasures.
The Daintree is a living museum that showcases the evolution of plant life on Earth. Rightly celebrated as the place where the Rainforest meets the sea, it is the world’s last remaining example of warm, moist Rainforest with living examples of ancient plant life that are found nowhere else on the planet.
The Daintree Rainforest covers 1200 square kilometres between Mossman Gorge and the Bloomfield River, situated 2 and a half hours north of Cairns. The World Heritage-listed Daintree is the largest continuous Rainforest area in Australia and is like no other.
This day tour will have you travelling from Cairns to Cape Tribulation (the headlands of the Daintree Rainforest) along one of the most scenic coastal roads in Australia.
Passing through beautiful Palm Cove and continuing your journey north to the seaside village of Port Douglas, where you will enjoy a tour around town plus flagstaff hill overlooking four-mile beach and the historical St Mary’s by the Sea.
On the road again to the magical “Mossman Gorge” surrounded by lush Rainforest, where the clear mountain river cuts through thick Rainforest and tumbles over boulders on its journey to the sea. Enjoy a morning tea of bush scones then a guided walk in dense tropical Rainforest.
Heading further north towards the Daintree Tea House for a delicious lunch in a setting unlike any other. After Lunch you will join a small and personalised tour on the Daintree River, taking you through the domain of the large estuarine crocodiles. Egrets wade near mangroves in the murky water of the river. Look for pythons, tree snakes, butterflies and lots of other wildlife on this cruise.
Crossing the mighty Daintree River on a cable ferry, you are now entering the Cape Tribulation section of the Daintree national park.
This is where it all begins to change. You will feel like you have entered a different world with Rainforest towering over narrow winding roads.
Stopping at Alexandra lookout where you will have to opportunity for some stunning photographs on the way to Cape Tribulation.
Daintree Rainforest Itinerary
- 7.00 – 7.30 am Pickup from your Cairns Accommodation
- Tour of Palm Cove
- Rex lookout: on one of the nicest coastal drives in Australia
- Driving town tour of Port Douglas, including Flagstaff hill lookout overlooking four mile beach
- Spectacular Mossman Gorge: guided walk and swim option (if time or weather permits)
- A delicious lunch, tropical fruit tasting
- Morning Tea
- Daintree River Cruise: try your luck at Crocodile and wildlife spotting
- World Heritage Rainforest/Areas
- Fully guided walks- Rainforest Boardwalks in a unique environment of rainforest Alexandra lookout–coastal views over Daintree River mouth, Low Isles, Snapper Island and beyond to the Great Barrier Reef
- Cape Tribulation beach: “where the rainforest meets the reef”
- Daintree Ice cream company- optional and popular local stop (own expense)
- Daintree River cable ferry crossing
- Returns to Cairns approximately 6.30 pm
- (Itinerary is subject to change due to weather, operational or unforseen issues)
Daintree Rainforest Inclusions
- Small group, offering unrivalled, friendly and personalised service
- Air Conditioned comfortable late models vehicles
- Mossman Gorge
- Daintree River Cruise
- Daintree Ferry
- Morning Tea & Lunch
- National Park Fees & Permits
- Experienced Local Guides
- Interpretation: friendly, knowledgeable Naturalist/Eco/World Heritage accredited guides
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cash for optional purchases
- Water & Water Bottle
- Insect Repellent
- Rain coat/Umbrella if looks like rain
*Please note seasonal weather conditions and operational requirements may cause a variation in the tour itinerary. *Childrens prices are for ages 4-14 years.
* please note this tour is not suitable for children under 4 years
Day 2. Great Barrier Reef
Reef Experience Highlights
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkeling
- FREE Scuba Dive (Certified Dive or Resort Dive)
- Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- Large Sun deck
- Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- Breakfast, Bacon and Egg BBQ Rolls, Coffee, Tea and fruit platters
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Dietary requirements Catered for
- Crew assistance for non confident Snorkelers (bouyancy aides available)
- All Government Levies and Taxes included
Reef Experience Inclusions
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkeling at 2 Outer Great Barrier Reef Locations
- Guided Snorkel Tours – Non-swimmer snorkel tours are also included throughout the day for those who require assistance in the water
- Buoyancy vests, noodles and Wetsuits are included and available for easy flotation for all passengers
- Snorkeling equipment and tuition
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive (licenced) or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba (SeeMedical Conditions below in “About Scuba Diving”)
- Glass bottom boat tours are a great way to witness life beneath the water. (Glass bottom boat tours are weather permitting)
- The interactive Marine Biology Presentation is a great way to learn about the marine life from our resident, on-board Marine Biologist as you journey to your first reef destination.
- Breakfast, Bacon and Egg BBQ Rolls, Coffee, Tea and fruit platter
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese and fruit platters, wine or cordial with biscuits are served on the return trip to Cairns. (Dietary requirements catered for; eg: Vegetarian/Gluten Free etc: please advise upon booking. All food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our on board chef.)
- Tea & coffee served while boat is stationary
- Water Drinking fountain
- Bus Transfers For those staying in the Cairns City District area, bus transfers to and from your accommodation to and from the boat are included in your day trip.
- Sunscreen available on board
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees Unlike other operators we include mandatory reef tax and fuel levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the trip cost, so there won’t be extra hidden charges on the day.
Very Important - About Scuba Diving
Your trip onboard “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive.
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small group of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a resort dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The Minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world.
Please be aware that Some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities.
To prevent disappointment on-the day, If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler even for Sports endurance
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will require a dive medical to Australian standard AS. 4005.1. Before being allowed to Scuba Dive.
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions that I not listed.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local Dive doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks are done on the day of travel and can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you.
We can only give them information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the dive Doctor may require a full dive medical to clear you to dive.
Please be aware If you have used or are using ventalin or an inhaler for Sports endurance/enhancement you will still need a Dive Medical before being allowed to Scuba dive.
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government.
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions.If you have existing or pre existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
Reef Experience Itinerary
07:30 – Board Reef Experience vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns
08:00 – Departure Marlin Jetty for the trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
08:30 – BBQ Bacon & Egg Rolls served on the way out to the Outer Reef a detailed dive & snorkeling briefing will be given
09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat tour
12:30 – Lunch
13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
What to Bring
- Cash for small purchasers – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Sun Cream & Hat
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour ($25.00)
- Underwater digital camera hire ($49.00)
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bar purchases – soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc
- Great Barrier Reef guided dives for qualified scuba divers ($15,00)
- Prescription masks ($10.00)
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area ($22.00 per person)
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marlin Marina ‘A Finger’.
Boarding commences at 7:25 am.We arrive back into Cairns at approximately 4:30 pm.
Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.
Children prices are for ages 4-11 years. Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.
Day 3 – Kuranda Train and Skyrail
Cairns Scenic Train and skyrail journey to Kuranda is an exciting one. Just 25km northwest of Cairns in far north Queensland (1180ft above sea level) and surrounded by world heritage rainforest is this picturesque mountain retreat.
Combining the Scenic Train journey with the world famous Skyrail Rainforest Cableway is a great way to experience this World Heritage listed tropical rainforest and Kuranda.
Travelling by the scenic Train you will learn about the pioneering history of the tropical north. During the 90 minute journey climbing over 40 small bridges and through many dark tunnels while winding its way from Cairns to Kuranda.
You will be in awe of the excellent views of the world listed rainforest, steep ravines and picturesque waterfalls within the Barron Gorge National Park.
Whilst Kuranda Scenic Train gives visitors an amazing view of the rainforest at ground level, Skyrail Rainforest Cableway provides an extraordinary birds-eye-view of the rainforest as it soars silently only meters above the rainforest canopy.
Stretching 7.5 km through the tropical rainforests of North Queensland, Skyrail provides people with a unique opportunity and a world first, to see and experience the rainforest in a safe and environmentally friendly way.
You’ll glide just metres above the rainforest canopy before descending through the canopy layers and deep into the heart of the rainforest at Skyrail’s two mid-stations where you can enjoy Ranger guided boardwalk tours.
Return Bus Transfers are included only from Cairns City Accommodation. (Northern Beaches pick-ups are not included)
- Return Bus Transfers from Cairns City Accommodation
- Kuranda Scenic Rail
- Skyrail Cablecar
What to Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Cash/Creditcard for purchases
- bottle of water
Please Note: Accommodation is not included in this Package
Daintree, Reef and Kuranda
Daintree Rainforest Luxury Tour
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and Paypal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick-up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.
Great Barrier Reef Cruise, Reef Experience
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard, E-Way and PayPal.
Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 40372700
Reef Experience require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
Refund & Cancellation fees are as follows:
• 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
• 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
• 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Please note we must receive at least 48 hours’ notice from you when rescheduling a reservation subject to availability.
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to load on your scheduled tour. Our vessel departures cannot be delayed because of your late arrival. This includes events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, inclement weather etc.
There is no refund or compensation given for any prepaid courses, equipment or guides if you are unable to complete the tour in its entirety.
Travel insurance is highly recommended.
Please refer to Trade Practices Act 1974.
Terms And Conditions
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Children’s prices are from 4 – 11 years of age
• We require 48 hours’ notice if you wish to re-schedule your booking
• Locations, vessels and itineraries are subject to change without notice due to unforeseen circumstances , but with full consideration of your enjoyment
• All Reef Levies and EMC charges are included in your booking price
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical Certificate can be shown to the Dive
Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical condition or
medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage,
delay or personal injury.
• We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.
The Kuranda Scenic Train & Skyrail
Thankyou for choosing Scenic Train and Skyrail
Payment can be made using Visa Card or MasterCard. Please note any special requirements in the booking message. If your tour includes bus transfers, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
100% cancellation Fee applies to all day tours cancelled within 24 hours of departure or no show, and all extended tours (2 days or more) cancelled within 72 hours prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700. We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable.