The best of both worlds.
We trust you will enjoy this Reef Cruise and Waterfalls combination.
Day 1 – Waterfalls & Rainforest
Get back to nature…Explore the stunning scenery while bushwalking through ancient rainforest, swimming in pristine waterfalls and crater lakes.
Experience the famous Millaa Millaa Falls along with a jungle trek viewing the raging Dinner Falls and World Heritage listed Mount Hypipamee National Park.
Your local guide will help you spot a variety of rare wildlife such as the tree kangaroo that is native to the Tablelands.
Towards the end of the day we will take you to our award winning “On The Wallaby Lodge“, which is aiming to become world’s greenest hostel!
Take a slow evening stroll around the heritage village of Yungaburra and stop at the specially constructed viewing platform for some platypus spotting before your delicious BBQ dinner.
Sit back and make yourself at home, whilst discussing the day around the fire pit.
- Lake Barrine
- Milla Milla Falls
- Lake Eacham – the Volcanic Crater
- Mount Hypipamee National Park
- Platypus Spotting
- Delicious BBQ Dinner
- Overnight stay at award winning “On The Wallaby Lodge“, world’s greenest hostel.
Day 2 – Wildlife Canoeing – Mountain Bikes
After a self-serve breakfast you will be treated to a guided mountain bike ride through the lush, green Atherton Tablelands countryside and a rainforest walk for a at the volcanic crater, Lake Eacham.
In the afternoon explore a secluded area of Lake Tinaroo with a guided canoeing tour spotting rare wildlife such as tree kangaroos, birds and water dragons.
At the end of the day you will return to Yungaburra for a hot shower, a cup of tea or coffee before returning to Cairns at approximately 7.00pm.
- Mountain Bike Riding through the Atherton Tablelands
- Curtain and Cathedral Fig Trees
- Wildlife Canoeing on Lake Tinaroo
- Face Painting (With Aboriginal Ochre Clay)
Waterfalls 2 Day Inclusions & Itinerary
- Pick-up and return transfers to Cairns Accommodation
- 1 night Share accommodation at On the Wallaby Lodge (World’s Greenest Hostel)
- All Park Fees Lunch at Lake Eacham (day 1 only)
- Tea and Coffee
- Tropical Fruits
- BBQ Dinner (day 1 only)
- Self serve Breakfast (day 2 only)
- Canoeing at Lake Tinaroo
- Face Painting with Aboriginal ochre clay
- Canoe hire and life jackets
- Bicycle Hire
- We judge each group on ability as we go, we stop to talk about the area/wildlife and there is time to take photos.
Day 1 Itinerary
- 08:00Pick-ups commence from Cairns
- 0900 Arrive at Gordonvale for snacks
- 0930 Heales lookout
- 1000 Arrive at the Cathedral Fig tree (rainforest talk and animal spotting)
- 1045 Arrive at Lake Barrine
- 1200 Lake Eacham National Park for Lunch and a swim
- 1345 Millaa Millaa for photo’s and swim
- 1500 Lookout on top off Millaa Millaa
- 1545 Mt Hypipamee to visit the crater and Dinner falls
- 1645 Fresh fruit and depart for wallaby lodge
- 1715-1740 arrive at the wallaby lodge for tea/coffee and biscuits
- 1745 Depart for platypus spotting 1845 Arrive at lodge
- 1900 Dinner (BBQ sausage/steak mash potato, coleslaw and tossed salad)
- 2000 Depart for night Canoeing adventure (Extra Charge)
- 2200 Return from Night Canoe – SLEEP (accommodation is Dormitory Style)
Day 2 Itinerary
- 0800 am Breakfast (Cereal, toast , tea and Coffee)
- 0900 am Depart for Curtain fig tree walk and talk
- 0945 am 15 km bike ride( If customers are not confident on ride they can do 3 km to the lake then walk 3 km around the lake and meet up after.) we stop and start on the ride and talk and take photo’s very mild unless group asks for harder ride. We judge each group on ability as we go.
- 1200 am arrive back at Lake Eacham for a swim
- 1230 pm ride back to roadhouse for lunch. (Own expense for day two)
- 1330 pm arrive back lodge for water , sun cream and collect life jackets
- 1345 pm afternoon Canoe trip
- 1600 pm return to lodge
- 19:00pm Return to Cairns
Day 3 – Great Barrier Reef Cruise
Today you will escape for an unforgettable day at one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, the “Great Barrier Reef”.
Enjoy a leisurely reef cruise fun day with the Crew aboard Compass Cruises to the outer Great Barrier Reef. Snorkel amongst beautiful corals and a colourful variety of tropical fish, giant clams, turtles, moray eels and huge Cod.
Relax and soak up the sun on the huge sundeck and take the “Wild Ride” on the famous Compass Boomnet.
Diving is also available (at extra cost) for all levels of experience and snorkelling is made easy with the helpful crew to assist you.
- Two spectacular Reef locations
- Unlimited snorkelling
- Up to 4 hours at the Great Barrier Reef
- Great crew
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions & Itinerary
Great Barrier Reef Inclusions
- 2 Spectacular Reef Locations
- Unlimited snorkeling
- All snorkeling equipment (excluding Wetsuits)
- Flotation devices if required Friendly crew assistance for non confident swimmers
- Boomnetting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Delicious BBQ lunch with fresh salads
- Fresh fruit platters
- Tea and Coffee all day (while boat is stationary)
- Glass of wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
Reef Cruise Itinerary
- 07:45 – Board Compass Cruises vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 08:00 – Departure Marlin Jetty for the reef cruise to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 09:00 – On the way, a detailed dive & snorkelling briefing will be given
- 10:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site,
- 11:30 – Glass Bottom Boat tour (Extra Cost)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location
- 14:30 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 14:40 – Boomnetting
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 17:15 – Arrive back in Cairns
- All Government Taxes and Levies Included
Reef Cruise and Waterfalls
2 Day Falls & Tablelands Fun
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pickup time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
We require a minimum of 48 hours notice to re-schedule a reservation. Cancellation fees are as follows: 20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure. 50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure. 100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services. It is recommended all bookings are confirmed 48 hours in advance of the tour departure by calling +61 7 4037 2700 We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice. Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of baggage, delay or personal injury. We strongly recommend everyone has their own travel insurance, and scuba diving insurance where applicable. All scuba diving activities are subject to medical and age restrictions. Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent participation in scuba diving activities. Full list of terms & conditions available upon request.
Great Barrier Reef Budget Cruise
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard and PayPal. Please note any dietary or other requirements in the booking message. If you are purchasing bus transfers with your tour, please include the name and location of your accommodation & expect to be contacted with a pick up time. Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700. Please read the conditions regarding scuba diving activities on our website. Locations and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice, but with full consideration of your enjoyment
Compass Cruises require 48 hours advance to make any changes to your booking.
The cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure.
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure.
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure.
Schedules are subject to change.
Terms And Conditions
Locations, prices and itineraries are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration of your enjoyment.
• Travel and dive insurance are recommended.
• Children’s prices for ages 4-14 years.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
• Minimum age for trying resort scuba diving is 12 years
• Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
• If you are considering Scuba Diving you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before
participating in any scuba activities.
• Some medical conditions OR medications may prevent you from scuba diving unless a current Australian Standards 'AS4005.1' Medical
Certificate can be shown to the Dive Instructor. This medical certificate must be performed pursuant to
the Australian standard AS.4005.1. (Queensland Dive Laws). If you are unsure of a particular medical
condition or medication, please check with our office before booking any scuba dive activities.
• Passengers intending to dive but restricted due to the aforementioned will not be offered a refund.