Green Island Reef Cruise
Green Island is surrounded by white sandy beaches, tropical lush rainforest and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef and what better way to get there and experience this that with the Green Island Reef Cruise
Choose to snorkel, dive, or see the spectacular reefs on a glass bottom boat tour. Or, simply laze on the white sandy beach.
Green Island offers an array of activities to suit all abilities and is ideal for non-swimmers.
Relax On a Tropical Island
Stroll through magical rainforest, laze on white coral sand beaches, swim, dive or snorkel …
There are a wide range of optional activities to experience on Green Island. Scuba dive, join a snorkel excursion, and even walk underwater with Seawalker helmet diving.
- Return air-conditioned fast catamaran cruise
- Half Day or up to 7 hours on Green Island
- Tea and coffee served until departure from Cairns
- Self Guided Eco Walk
- Choice of Glass Bottom Boat coral viewing tour OR use of Snorkelling Equipment*
- Use of island swimming pool exclusive for Great Adventures guests
- Use of day visitor facilities.
*To include both snorkelling equipment and glass bottom boat tour plus beach bag, choose the Island Upgrade on the booking page.
Choose your own Time
You can choose your preferred departure times from Cairns and Green Island!
Travel time to Green Island Day Tour is approx. 45 minutes
Cairns To Green Island
Departs 8:30 10:30 13:00
Arrival 9.20 11:20 13:50
Green Island to Cairns
Departs 12:00 14:00 16:30
Arrival 12:50 15:20 17:20
- Lunch from several different casual outlets or Emerald’s Restaurant.
- Scuba Diving
- Helmet Diving
- Flotation Vests & Lycra Suits
- Scenic Helicopter Tour
- Coach Transfers from Cairns Business Area or Northern Beaches
What to Bring
- Towel, hat, sunscreen, swimwear & sunglasses
- Cash for snacks, drinks, souvenirs or underwater cameras
- Credit card for purchases
- You can bring along a picnic lunch or purchase something from one of the many food outlets or spoil yourself in the restaurant
Important Information for Scuba Diving & Seawalker
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
If an Island Cruise is not what you are looking for try our Outer Great Barrier Reef tour with REEF EXPERIENCE