Welcome to Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
One of the natural wonders of the world and amazing World Heritage listed spectacular aquatic environment.
Join us on board our high speed Catamaran “Reef Experience” for an unforgettable day visiting 2 pristine Outer great Barrier Reef locations and discover the breath-taking wonder beneath the surface for yourself.
Reef Experience is Cairn’s only ALL inclusive Great Barrier Reef trip which also offers a FREE Scuba Dive.
Catering for all levels in Swimming and Scuba Diving, everyone will find the perfect way to experience the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced Swimmer or Snorkeler?
Our crew will show you to the best patches of coral and can tell you where to find the marine marvels that call the reef their home.
Never Snorkelled before or cannot Swim?
Or just Need some assistance in the water?
Don’t worry our friendly and professional Crew are always ready to jump in and assist everybody who needs assistance to have fun and enjoy the magic that the reef has to offer, ensuring that you are comfortable with your equipment and introduce you to some of our friendly fish!
Buoyancy aids for such as snorkelling vests, wetsuits and noodles are available for everyone, maintaining all the freedom of movement for those who need a little more assurance while comfortably allowing you to stay at the surface and observe the marine life beneath and are available for you on board.
Have a great time and visit one of the natural wonders of the world.
A day on the Great Barrier Reef will be one of your most memorable days in your life.
- Up to 6 hours at two pristine Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkelling
- FREE Scuba Dive (Certified Dive or Resort Dive no-experience necessary)
- FREE Glass Bottom Boat Tour
- FREE Pick up and Return to Cairns City Accommodation
- Large Sun deck
- Breakfast, Bacon and Egg BBQ Rolls, Coffee, Tea and fruit platters
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Dietary requirements Catered for
- Crew assistance for non confident Snorkelers (buoyancy aides available)
- All Government Levies and Taxes included
- No hidden costs!
- Unlimited morning and afternoon Snorkelling at 2 Outer Great Barrier Reef Locations
- Guided Snorkel Tours – Non-swimmer snorkel tours are included throughout the day for those who require assistance in the water
- Buoyancy vests, noodles and wetsuits are included and available for easy flotation for all passengers
- Snorkelling equipment and tuition
- FREE Certified Scuba Dive (licenced) or Resort Scuba Dive (no-experience necessary) at the first reef location, for everyone who is over the age of 12 and medically fit to scuba (See Medical Conditions below in “About Scuba Diving”)
- Glass bottom boat tour – A great way to witness life beneath the water (Glass bottom boat tours are weather permitting)
- The interactive Marine Biology Presentation is a great way to learn about the marine life from our resident, on-board Marine Biologist as you journey to your first reef destination
- Breakfast, bacon and egg BBQ roll, Coffee, Tea and fruit platter
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with an assortment of fresh salads
- Cheese and fruit platters, wine or cordial with biscuits are served on the return trip to Cairns. (Dietary requirements catered for; eg: Vegetarian/Gluten Free etc: please advise upon booking. All food is locally sourced and prepared fresh by our on board chef.)
- Tea & coffee served while boat is stationary
- Water drinking fountain
- Bus Transfers For those staying in the Cairns City District area, bus transfers to and from your accommodation to and from the boat are included in your day trip
- Sunscreen available on board
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees Unlike other operators we include mandatory reef tax and fuel levies for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park in the trip cost, so there won’t be extra hidden charges on the day!
- 07:30 – Board Reef Experience vessel at the Marlin Jetty, Cairns
- 08:00 – Departure Marlin Jetty for the trip to the Outer Great Barrier Reef
- 08:30 – BBQ Bacon & Egg Rolls served on the way out to the Outer Reef a detailed dive & snorkelling briefing will be given
- 09:30 – Arrive at our first spectacular reef site, snorkel & dive with thousands of vivid tropical fish, giant clams plus more
- 10:30 – Glass Bottom Boat tour (approximately 20 minute tour)
- 12:30 – Lunch
- 13:00 – Cruise to our second location to explore forests of coral, large sea fans & black coral trees in it’s shallow lagoons
- 15:00 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 15:30 – Glass of wine, tropical fruits, cheese & biscuits
- 16:30 – Arrive back in Cairns
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Biologist guided snorkel tour
- Underwater digital camera hire
- Great Barrier Reef souvenirs – T-shirts, hats etc
- Bar purchases – soft drinks, chocolate, chips, alcohol etc
- Great Barrier Reef guided dives for qualified scuba divers $15,00 per person, per dive
- Prescription masks $10.00
- Bus transfers from accommodation outside of the Cairns Business Area $22.00 per person
- Second scuba dive at our beautiful afternoon reef location
Very Important - About Scuba Diving
Your trip on-board “Reef Experience” Includes either a Certified or Resort/Introductory Dive at the first Great Barrier Reef location
What is a Certified Dive? A Certified Scuba dive is when you have completed an “Open Water” Dive Certification or higher and have a divers licence (generally takes 3 – 4 days to complete)
What is a Resort/Introductory Dive? Resort diving requires no previous scuba experience. Conducted in small groups of 4 under the supervision of an experienced Dive Instructor, resort dives give beginners an unforgettable Great Barrier Reef experience without having to complete a full scuba diving course.
Can anyone try a Resort Dive? If you are able to swim and are in good physical health you can probably dive (See Medical Conditions). The minimum age for resort diving is 12 years.
Queensland Dive Laws are the strictest in the World – with the safest dive record in the world
Please be aware that some Medical Conditions or Medications that are being taken could prevent you from participating in scuba activities. If you wish to partake in our Introductory/Resort Scuba dive OR a Certified Scuba Dive, it is the passengers responsibility to ensure they are medically fit to dive. To prevent disappointment on-the day, if you have had any medical condition OR are taking any medication, please contact our friendly team who can advise whether you are required to get an Australian Standards medical certificate prior to the day of your trip.
If you are taking any Medications for anything we can check if these are safe for diving with the local accredited Scuba Dive Doctor. This is necessary as some medications can become dangerous underwater. These checks may be done within 90 days of your reef trip and are valid as long as there is no change in your medical situation. Medication checks can also be done on the day of travel, however in some instances it can be difficult for the dive doctor to approve without consultation with you, so it is recommended to check in advance if this will be necessary. On your day of travel, we can only give them the information submitted to us on your medical form so please understand that the Dive Doctor may require a medical consultation to clear you to dive in advance of your trip.
If you have EVER suffered from any of the following conditions, you will be required to bring a current dive medical certificate stating that it conforms to Australian Standard ‘AS. 4005.1.’ before being allowed to Scuba Dive. These include, but are not limited to:
- Asthma / Wheezing or use of an inhaler even for sports endurance
- Brain, spinal cord or nervous disorder
- Chronic bronchitis or persistent chest complaint
- Chronic sinus condition
- Collapsed Lung (pneumothorax)
- Chest Surgery
- Heart Disease of any kind
- Crones Disease
If you are CURRENTLY suffering from or have recently had any of the following conditions or procedures, you will be required to bring a current dive medical certificate stating that it conforms to Australian Standard ‘AS. 4005.1.’ before being allowed to Scuba Dive. These include, but are not limited to:
- Chronic ear discharge or infection
- High blood pressure
- Ear Surgery
- Fainting Seizures or blackouts
- Recurrent ear problems when flying
- Tuberculosis or any other long term disease
- Any illness or operation within the last month
- Perforated eardrum
Being pregnant will prohibit you from Scuba Diving
Please be aware that the above does not cover every medical condition there maybe other medical conditions not listed.
Please be aware If you have used or are using Ventolin OR an inhaler for sports endurance/enhancement OR for allergies you will still need a Dive Medical before being allowed to Scuba dive
It is not our company’s decision regarding these laws – we are regulated by the Queensland Government
Please contact our office, if you do require any further information regarding possible medical conditions
If you have existing or pre-existing medical conditions, operations, taking medication, have used an inhaler then you will need permission from the Dive Doctor to Scuba Dive. If you have any doubts or queries regarding the above, please be proactive and contact our office to avoid disappointment on the day.
Flying after Scuba divingCurrently the regulation state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 to 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible
- Please inform of dietary, food allergies or other special requirement prior to date of travel.
- Please re confirm your reservation 48 hours prior to travel.
- We require 48 hours to re schedule you trip subject to availability (see cancellation policy)
- Locations, Prices, Vessel and Itinerary are subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances without notice but with full consideration for your enjoyment and safety.
- Travel and dive insurance are highly recommended.
- Scuba Diving (applies to both certified and first time divers):
- No refunds on uncompleted dives.
- Ages 12+ years for all scuba activities
- You will be required to complete a medical questionnaire before participating in any scuba activities.
- We strongly recommend that all clients have travel insurance covering illness, injury, medical evacuation, loss or damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on the confirmed date of departure.
- No alcohol may be consumed prior to in water activities
- Please remember you need to allow 24 hours from your last dive before flying.
- Children prices are for ages 4-11 years.
- Family prices are for 2 adults + 2 children age 4-11 years.
What to Bring
- Cash for small purchasers – Credit Card available for purchases over $10.00
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Sun Cream & Hat
- Voucher if applicable
- Proof of certification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to get there
Reef Experience departs from Cairns Marlin Marina ‘A Finger’.
Boarding commences at 7:25 am.We arrive back into Cairns at approximately 4:30 pm.
Some medical conditions and/or medications may prevent from participation in scuba diving activities.