Helicopter Cairns tour 30-Minute Scenic Reef Flight
A helicopter tour is an excellent opportunity to see the Great Barrier Reef above and understand its scale and scope. The sun will shine through the shallow seas in numerous spots, illuminating the reef below. Flying over the reef will allow you to fully experience this natural phenomenon’s magnificence.
Breathtaking Views above the Great Barrier Reef
This tour provides breathtaking views of Green Island, Fitzroy Island, Vlasoff Cay, and Upolu Cay. Three of the most famous sand cays on the Great Barrier Reef.
The Reef offers fantastic views of marine life, including turtles, manta rays, dolphins and whales.
Humpback whales are often seen on their annual migration between June and September.
Best time to fly
The ideal flying time is between 1 and 3 pm to capture the best aerial shots.
What about our helicopter tours that land on a sand cay?
This tour includes spectacular views of the Great Barrier Reef and surrounding islands.
Cairns Helicopter Tour Itinerary
- Pick up transfer from your Cairns and Northern Beaches accommodation
- Depart general aviation
- 30-minute scenic flight
- Return transfer back to your accommodation
- Return transfers to and from your accommodation (Cairns City – Northern Beaches)
- 30-minute scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef
What to bring
What To Bring
- Camera with a lanyard
How to get there
Departing from Cairns General Aviantion
We accept Visa Card or Mastercard
A minimum of 48 hours' notice is required to re-schedule or alter all or part of a reservation.
Cancellation fees are as follows:
20% cancellation fee 30 days or more prior to departure
50% cancellation fee if within 30 days prior to departure
100% cancellation fee within 14 days prior to departure
There will be no refund of any part of your tour costs should you fail to arrive at a scheduled tour departure time. Tour departures may not be delayed due to passenger circumstances - including events beyond your control, medical problems, airline delays, weather etc.
All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities
Terms And Conditions
This website acts as a booking agent only for the tours advertised herein. Although we endeavour to provide accurate information we are not liable for inaccurate information concerning services.
• No alcohol may be consumed prior to activities
• Please call to confirm your trip 48 hours in advance on +61 7 4037 2700
• We are not liable for changes to tours, pricing or itineraries; all of which are subject to change without notice.
• Neither this site, nor any associated company or agent advertised through this site is responsible for your costs or losses resulting from alterations, cancellations, loss of personal belongings, property damage, delay or personal injury.
• All passengers are strongly advised to purchase comprehensive travel insurance that includes trip cancellation insurance, evacuation and medical cover. Please read the wording of your insurance policy carefully and ensure it covers you for all potential activities. In a medical emergency, any evacuation, vessel relocation, medical or other expenses are the financial responsibility of that passenger. Please be aware that scuba diving and other in-water activities are not covered by all travel insurance companies.
• Please inform us of any special requirements prior to your date of travel; such as dietary requirements, allergies, mobility and disability issues. This can be done in the 'Booking Message' section of your online reservation or by contacting our friendly reservations team