A local Great Barrier Reef icon!
If it’s value for money and a memorable day on the Great Barrier Reef you’re looking for then this budget cruise has it all! Enjoy an un-rushed day of snorkeling with a leisurely cruise to two beautiful Outer Great Barrier Reef locations.
Compass Cruises offer something for everyone and can be enjoyed by people of all ages – even those with limited swimming ability.
- 07:30 – Board the boat Compass, at Cairns Marina ‘Marlin Wharf Berth 18’, for check-in.
- 08:00 –Depart Cairns to the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Safety talk and snorkel briefing
- 10:30 – Arrive at your first Great Barrier Reef Location
- 12:30 – BBQ Lunch with fresh salads
- 13:00 – Cruise to 2nd Reef Location
- 15:30 – Depart the Great Barrier Reef
- 17:30 – Approximate Arrival time at Cairns Marina
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Up to 4 hours at two Outer Great Barrier Reef locations
- Unlimited Snorkeling and snorkeling tuition. Snorkeling mask, snorkel and fins included
- Free buoyancy aids – snorkeling vests and noodles
- Stinger suits are included throughout the season
- Delicious BBQ Lunch with fresh salads (Dietary requirements catered for)
- Fruit Platters while boarding. Tea & coffee available all day while boat stationary. Water fountain to fill your water bottle
- Glass of wine, cheese & crackers on return journey
- Assistance for non-confident swimmers from friendly crew
- Boom netting – “The Wild Ride” (weather permitting)
- Reef tax, fuel levy & national park fees for visiting the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park are included in this trip cost
- Family Friendly Tour
- Scuba Diving for qualified divers (Certified) OR No-experience necessary ‘Resort Scuba Diving’ for beginners – one or two scuba dives available. Medical Conditions Apply see below
- Glass Bottom Boat Tours (weather permitting)
- Wetsuit Hire (Provide flotation and warmth)
- Underwater Digital Camera Hire
- Snack Bar Purchases
- Dive Guides for already qualified ‘Certified’ scuba divers (dive guides included for beginner divers)
- Prescription Mask Hire if you require stronger lenses to see (contact lenses can be worn in most circumstances)
- Bus transfers from accommodation to and from the Cairns Marina
What to Bring
- Cash or credit card for purchases
- Swimming Clothes, Towel, Hat, Sunglasses, Sun Cream
- Proof of qualification if you’re a Certified Diver
How to Get there
Compass Cruises departs from
Cairns Marina: ‘Marlin Wharf berth 18’ View map to Cairns Marlin Marina
Boarding commences at 7:30 am for check-in, directly on the boat ‘Compass’
Where Can I Park?
There are a number of parking stations throughout Cairns that are in walking distance of the Marina. Click here to see where
Important Information for Scuba Diving
We have a passion to show you Australia’s Great Barrier Reef so please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws.
Queensland, Australia has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world but also the safest scuba diving record. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules including medical as is the law.
To avoid disappointment on your day of travel we strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire prior to booking as some medical conditions, age and / or medications may prevent you from scuba diving. It is always our mission to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef experience.
We are very happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please Contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Or alternatively, you may like to consult your own Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms ‘AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba DivingFor a single no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. For multiple dives you should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive. If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible