Silverswift Cairns has access to some of the most beautiful Great Barrier Reef locations.
You will visit three uniquely different Outer Reef sites.
With a guided snorkel tour included in your tour, you’ll be able to explore the wonders of the Reef in complete safety, even if you’ve never snorkelled before. Our helpful staff will assist you with the equipment.
Join the guided snorkel tour if you want to learn more about Great Barrier Reef. Your guide will lead you over the shallow coral gardens point out fish and marine life, corals and areas of interest along the way.
Silverswift caters to both certified and introductory divers. As a certified diver, you can experience up to three dive sites.
Our scuba diving instructors accompany all dives at no extra charge. They have vast local knowledge of all the locations and know all the best drift and dive walls, bommies and pinnacles, coral gardens and swim-throughs.
Certified dives can last up to 40 minutes or more.
Everybody can try scuba diving. On your way out to the Reef, you will fill out a medical questionnaire, and the crew will assess your medical fitness to dive. They will teach you the necessary skills, after which you can take the plunge!
Throughout the experience, our instructors will be by your side.
Introductory divers can complete up to two dives, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. You can reach a maximum depth of 12 metres.
- Outer Barrier Reef
- 5 hours at the reef
- 3 Reef locations
- 7:30 am – Check-in at the counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal for your boarding passes.
- 8:15 am – Vessel boarding. Complimentary morning tea/breakfast is served.
- 8:30 am – Depart Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal for the Outer Reef. On the journey, certified and introductory dive briefings begin.
- 9:50 am – Arrive at first reef location. Divers will gear up, while the snorkelers’ site briefing begins.
- 11:15 am – We depart for the second reef location. Option for introductory and certified divers to do a second dive. Snorkelers site briefing.
- 12:30 pm – Tropical hot and cold buffet lunch served in the air-conditioned cabin.
- 1:40 pm – We depart for the third location. Snorkelers are once again briefed as to the areas best to snorkel. Guided snorkel tour. Option for certified divers to do a third dive or second introductory dive.
- 2:15 pm – Afternoon tea served.
- 3:00 pm – All passengers board vessel for final passenger count.
- 3:15 pm – We commence the journey back to cairns.
- 4:30 pm – We arrive at Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal.
- Morning and afternoon teas
- Hot and cold tropical smorgasbord lunch
- Snorkelling equipment (even if diving, you will still have plenty of time to snorkel)
- Guided snorkel tour
Silverswift Cairns scuba diving prices
|Additional Costs for Introductory Scuba Diving||Adult||Child 4-14 yrs|
|Intro Diver – Full Gear (1 dive)||$84.00||$84.00|
|Intro Diver – Full Gear (2 dives)||$158.00||$158.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (1 dive)||$63.00||$63.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (2 dives)||$90.00||$90.00|
|Cert Diver – Full Gear (3 dives)||$110.00||$110.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (1 dive)||$51.00||$51.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (2 dives)||$78.00||$78.00|
|Cert Diver – Tanks Weights (3 dives)||$98.00||$98.00|
|Coach Transfers: (optional): not available|
|BOOK NOW, SILVERSWIFT CAIRNS|
What to bring
- Your camera.
- Swimming costume, beach towel and also sunglasses.
- A hat, sunscreen and a shirt
- Your diving certification card
- Cash for drinks at the bar, credit card for additional dives.
- Please note, there is a small reef levy (Government Environmental Management Charge) to pay upon check-in.
How to get there
Silverswift Cairns departs from the Cairns Marina.
Guests are required to check in first inside the Reef Fleet Terminal, 1 Spence Street, Cairns
Check-in commences at 7:30 am for an 8:30 am departure.
Safety First with Silverswift Cairns
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the best Great Barrier Reef experience.
Queensland, Australia, has some of the strictest scuba diving rules in the world. We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all regulations.
We strongly recommend that all of our passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire before booking, as some medical conditions and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
We are happy to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on 07 4037 2700 or email us.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Dive Medical using the Australian Standard Forms’ AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
For a single, no decompression scuba dive, you should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive. You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If you are Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after diving.
We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.